Unable to update the theme- error occurs

Hi there,

I have an issue of updating the theme. It says theme update failed at all times. What does it relate on? How can I fix this issue? 

Thank you,

Alena

Comments

• Hi,
    Please upload the screenshot of the error message on this service:
    https://prnt.sc and send a link to that image in your next reply.

Thanks
  • Hi Pablo, 

I have uploaded the screenshot to the link you shared , here is the link to the image http://prnt.sc/oh40u2. Here is the link to the page where I see the error :

Also. I have another 2 questions. How can we change the status of the site from not secure? Do we need to purchase any additional services? 

And we receive around 40-50 new spam messages every day, is there a plugin for anti-spam you could recommend to install? 

Thanks a lot,

Kind Regards,

Alena

• edited July 2019
    Hi Pablo,

Also I checked the site health status and there seems to be issues we need to fix, such as:

Error The folder /opt/wordpress/ was detected as being under version control (.git).
    Passed Your installation of WordPress doesn't require FTP credentials to perform updates.
    Error Some files are not writable by WordPress:
    index.php
    How can we fix these issues?

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Alena
  • Hello Alena,
    all of those issues in Wordpress health are not theme related and should be fixed with the help of your hosting provider.

Please try to disable all of your plugins and run the update again. We see that you are using a translation plugin which we do not support and it could be the reason. Just to be sure, disable all plugins.
    thanks
  • Hi there,

I have deactivated the plugins and still see the same issue- I cannot update the theme. :(

Any suggestions what I could do? 

Thanks a lot,

Alena
  • You have to contact your hosting provider and ask him about some logs.
    It looks like the it's the problem with a hosting provider services.

Thanks