Number of Blog Posts Wrong

On my blog page, there's always an extra blog on a row by itself at the end of the list.

I also tried to add a Blog section on my home page and selected "3" blogs to show and it once again had an extra blog post by itself on the next row. So it posted 4 blogs.

How do I get the correct number of blogs to display in those places?

Comments

• Hi,
    I do not understand, you don't want to have last blog post, right?
    It can be changed in the Theme Options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Blog

Remember, that you have to select the "Posts" page in the Settings > Reading first.
    Also, if you're using the "Blog item" from Muffin Builder on that page, then it's not gonna work because this item has separate options independent of theme options.
    To change settings of that item you have to customize it in the muffin builder by clicking the "pencil" icon
    Thanks
  • Let me see if I can make it clearer.

In the Theme Options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Blog settings, I have specified:
    9 posts per page
    Grid Layout
    3 columns
    My correct blog page is selected.

But when you go to my blog page, it displays ten posts. Three rows of three, then a single left justified tenth post by itself.

When I use the Muffin Builder to add a Blog section to my homepage, I have specified:
    Count: 3
    Grid
    Columns: 3

But when I preview my page, it has four blog posts. Three in one row and then a left justified fourth blog post on a line by itself.

I deleted that section since it didn't work correctly so you can't view it.

So, why is my site posting an extra blog post in those two areas? I'd like it to do what I'm telling it to do.

Thanks!
  • Can you test it with all of your plugins disabled? - Remember to clear your cache after disabling them.
    Also, is your WP and BeTheme up to date?
    Thanks
  • Ok, I updated to the latest version of Wordpress and BeTheme, then I disabled all plug-ins, emptied cache and the extra blog on the Blog page is still there. I even opened the site in a completely different browser to check. Same thing.

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Sent! Thanks!
  • Hey,
    sorry but the password you have sent to us does not work, please check that.
    thanks
  • Hey,
    sorry, but the password does not work again.
    please check the password if it works before you sent it.
    thanks
  • Hello,
    You've set one post as "Sticky" - http://prntscr.com/omeyq5
    It will make the one post displayed as an additional post, even if it will cross the value of blog items.
    Remove the sticky feature from that post and it will be working fine.
    Thanks
  • Ah. Ok. Makes sense, but I don't know if I would have ever figured that out. Seems like the sticky would be counted. Thanks so much for helping me out!