Add zoom feature to product image & few more questions

edited April 2015 in WooCommerce
Hi, I wanna start a project for someone using Betheme + woocommerce. It will be not a real on-line shop but a catalog for order products (via e-mail request).
I did not find any solution (including use of third part plugin) to add zoom option to product image so this feature is a must to be included in theme if not supported by external plugin. Also another must is adding some features to catalog mode (removing the price, add custom button with link instead of add to cart -this is not necessary in catalog mode-, add extra tab to description/review area). Are this on your list to be implemented soon or should I find another combination (theme+woocommerce) to start my project or can be implemented on the fly?
Thanks
PS it you'll be also welcomed if we'll find somewhere which are the recomended size for product pictures?

Comments

• Hi,

1. Have you seen zoom option somewhere on our demo? If you saw it, please provide url to page where we got it.

2. We have catalog mode option and this can be activated under Theme options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Shop section.

But all information about shop images you can read on http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/938/problem-with-image-size-in-shop-slider-media-images-settings-sizes

Thanks!
  • 1.I did not see zoom feature in your demo but your theme also block any plugin which may add this feature. So if you are so professionals like you think fix this.Add this option in your theme or adjust your theme to work with one of this plugins. 
    On the other hand I saw the same bad attitude as the Avada (best selling WP themes ever) support guys but at least they admit their mistakes and help fixing. I expect same attitude from you.
    Just play for a while with those WP woocommerce zoom plugins.
    2.I'm not so stupid to need help finding location of Catalog mode in your panel option, I just said that is far worst than some simple plugins (like Woocommerce Catalog). Play with this plugin and you will see differences.
    If you are able to do things to work fine I'll buy another licence otherwise I'll find a new theme to buy it.
  • edited April 2015
    1. We really appreciate suggestions but will be great if you can show us what you exactly mean and we'll consider this while future updates. As you can see in "Updates & Changelog" section we do updates every week because we listen our customers for all the time.

2. This is the only option we got so far and there is nothing else what we can recommend at this moment in this case.
  • edited April 2015
    1. Go to http://www.atelierulnegru.ro/ and click on any product and hover the mouse over the product picture. You will see the zoom function I am talking about.The ideea is to put a big picture (let's say 2000x3000) in an 400x600 px frame as image product and when you hover over the image to have a lot of detail, is very useful for various products where you need to see better the details from pictures.
    2. Like I said I use a plugin for catalog mode but there are only 2-3 option you need to add to your catalog mode settings and there will be not necessary to add another plugin for every simple things needed on a website.Every plugin is a potential lack of security and slowdown the load speed of a webpage.
  • 1. Ok, this is what we thought but we prefer to make sure this is what you mean. We'll think about this option while future updates. However we checked Avada as you mentioned before and they do not have this option so we wonder where this option available is so we can have a look on it.

2. As we said before, we do not have anything else at this moment. So far we got lot's of updates and features in queue so we can't do add anything here now.

Thanks for understanding!
  • The theme I used for that website was LEGENDA http://themeforest.net/item/legenda-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/5888906
    The referrer to AVADA was in terms of attitude when I asked them for some help with a very simple questions. In the end I solved by my self the issue but I was sad about their attitude.

• I'm just a customer here - but @redfury - I feel your attitude is much worse than the theme authors. You're demanding things in a rude way even though the author is trying to understand your question humbly. Also - if you want a image zoom shop slider - go with https://www.magictoolbox.com/

The slider works just fine with betheme and I've it running fine. Only thing I don't like in that plugin is that it sends pings to its authors - so I had to edit the plugin to block all those pings.
  • Many thanks @tipsytopsy :) And as you mentioned, some users work with plugins and it works fine.
  • edited June 2015
    1st of all, have you tried to add a zoom feature to image product (I din't say anything about zoom slider ) to this theme? Try and we speak after. There are some hardcoded features which does not let you change some image feature. As an example, in the end I found only 1 plugin which add the zoom option to product image, just disabling pretty photo option. Which I need it. And why should I spend 45$ for a feature which is free in lot of themes? The problem here is that the theme does not let you use others plugins for some features.
    2nd there is also some nasty thing in product page. If you add some pictures in description area they does not use the preety photo option (lightbox) so I have to add another plugin to do this.And now I can use lightbox feature for both (product image and picture info's).
    In the end, I just ask for some tips or even solution to add that option (even if it was more easy for the developers to do this - zoom option to image product in Woocommerce is a must have, at least as an option). I spent 2 days installing and uninstalling almost all plugins untill I found those which work..Almost as I wish.
    It's easy for some to came here and talk about things they are not entitled to do.This guys earn lots of money from selling this product and they must provide a good support service, not forum based..
    If some users "work with plugins, and work well" why you were not able to give me at least one example? Think about it...And don't forget that the customers is always right. If you wanna grown up
  • +1 for the zoom feature! Tried some plugins with no luck.