Fatal Error Updating site

PHP Fatalerror: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mfn_opts_show() in /acom-link0check/wp-content/themes/acom/header.php:65

Comments

• Hello,
    This is because you're using an old method for calling functions in a child theme. Recent changes in Envato terms & conditions forced us to make some modifications to the theme files. One of those changes is replacing "mfn_opts_show()" to "echo mfn_opts_get()". This is why your child theme does not work after the theme update.

To make your Child Theme work again, you have to find that function in all of your modified files( in the child theme) and replace the 'mfn_opts_show()' to 'echo mfn_opts_get()'
    Look at the screenshot example to make it more understandable: https://pasteboard.co/IdJyIOZ.jpg

thanks
  • Thank you so much. I am trying to find this code and I don't see it in any of the files. Where can I find this, and how hard is it to change? Can we simply do a search and replace? 
  • To know for sure, go to appaerance>themes and switch to the parent theme from the child theme.
    If the error does not appear, activate the child theme again, and find the error Pablo mentioned above.

You can see from the error message:
    Call to undefined function mfn_opts_show() in /acom-link0check/wp-content/themes/acom/header.php:65
    The error occurs in the file header.php on line 65.
    Just go thru all of the files and search for:
    mfn_opts_show()
    then replace it with
    echo mfn_opts_get()
    cheers
  • Hey so we need to make a staging site to test this, is there a way to get another key for the website so that we can make sure everything works on the staging site? 
  • thanks for your help!
  • You may deregister it and run the test page without the license - this will not interefere with the code changes. Then, remove the test website.

Just so you know, you can always create a dev website, with a license key and then create unlimited SUBDOMAINS with betheme installed under the same license key.
    Always remeber to deregister the theme before migration.
    thanks