Sidebar works on Portuguese posts but does not work on English post

Hello,

I have a website in 2 languages (Portuguese and English), I configured Sidebar containing 1 menu and 1 text box (for each language). I defined in the theme settings the use of this Sidebar in the single post.

In posts registered in Portuguese language is OK, being displayed normally. In posts registered in English language is not being displayed.

Could you please evaluate?

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co

thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

My site is not currently online and I can't even advertise it with this deviation.

However, I took some prints to try to resolve the issue. You can simulate in your environment.

See the settings:
  • First of all:
    http://prntscr.com/p83qam - also we suggest not to use sidebar with blank spaces or spaces in name.
    And tell me, how are the language pages made? It's by WPML or some other plugin? Or you just create a normal page with other content and header?
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

I removed the special character at your suggestion and adjusted all my 170 pages to use the new sidebar, however my English language posts still don't display the defined sidebar.

About the plugin for translation, I am using Polylang. The problem is only in English language, if I change the page language to Portuguese it works normally.

What may be happening?
  • Is Portuguese is primary(default) language of your page?
    We have to be sure that "Polylang" is not a fault of that behavior, because we do not support that plugin - and we are not sure how it will behave with our theeme.
    Thanks
  • The Portuguese language is Primary (default).

I'm looking for information about the "Polylang" plugin, but haven't found it yet.

If you can help me, thank in advance.
  • We'll check if this is fault of the "Polylang" plugin.
    Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact
    form which is on the right side at
    http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what
    might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

Certainly I need your help in solving this item, however, my site is not yet published on the Internet, it is in an internal environment in the company I work for.

Since the environment is business, granting access via VPN could only be accomplished if I accompany you in performing the problem verification / analysis activity I reported.

Is it possible to arrange a time for a remote connection (can be via skype or another tool) to perform the verification together?

Another option would be to publish the site externally (on the Internet), but I have to get approvals for that. I do not know if I can.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
  • Hello,
    sorry but we cannot participate in those kinds of sollutions. We have to have a simple link to the website. You ofcourse can password protect it etc. and send the link in a private message so nobody sees it.

Please send this information privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Hi Pablo and Bryan,

I got permission to publish the site in an external environment and it is already published.

Thank you in advance.
  • Hey,
    we checked but this is all related to the Polylang plugin which is not supported by us.
    We only support the WPML plugin and it works fine then.
    thanks
  • edited October 2019
    Hi Bryan,

Could you show me where the problem is (which plugin file)?

I could not visualize it. I need to have evidence to request the correction or else I even correct it.

Tks in advance.
  • Hello,
    What you ask for is files customization what in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed. So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact your web developer.

If you have some other questions, feel free to ask.
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

I wouldn't want you to do that and I won't either.

I would like you to let me know which file has encountered a problem since you mentioned that the problem is in the plugin and not in the theme.
  • We do not prove such kind of services - the "Polylang" plugin is not supported by us, so we do not know the structure and functionalities of that plugin.
    You can find the list of supported plugins on this page, in the sidebar:
    https://themeforest.net/item/betheme-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/7758048

As I told, you should contact your webdeveloper, he will recognize the problem and resolve it.
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo and Bryan,

I created a profile for the company I work for and also bought the WMPL plugin to get the solution. And yet we have the same problem.

I got permission to publish the site in an external environment and it is already published.

Could you relp me please?

Thank you in advance.
  • Hello @ITJurong
    You set in the Theme Options > Sidebars to force the sidebar for single posts which does not exists.
    I removed it, edited one of the posts (Estaleiro Jurong Aracruz at Rio Oil & Gas Exhibition) and attached the sidebar side and it works fine.
    Thanks
  • Hello Pablo,

The problem is that forcing the use of the sidebar by the option "Theme Options> Sidebars" does not work in the English language. I need this option to work without configuring the post.

See options: "Theme Options > Sidebars"
    See posts in English, everyone is without the sidebar "Noticias".

Could you relp me please?
  • I tried to overwrite the sidebar which does not exist: http://prntscr.com/qv116w
    But it still reverting it to "News", it looks like the problem is related to the hosting provider(some cache issue)
    That's why it does not display the sidebar, because this sidebar does not exists.
    Thanks
  • I also noticed this translation / change (Noticias para News).

But I don't believe it is with the hosting server because I tested it on 2 different hosting servers and 2 different local servers. The problem is in all tested environments.

Do you need any more access to find the problem?
  • We tested it on our local machine with the latest BeTheme installed and we do not see this problem.
    Can you contact them and ask about the problem? They could give some tips which will surely help us with understanding the source of the problem.
    Thanks