Improve sitespeed - what can I do?

My site dreampreneursociety.com built with WP is REALLY slow, scores 9/100 on Google page speed. I have already optimized all the pictures, and it is hosted where I normally host my sites and I've never had an issue with page speed for this web hotel. 

I wonder if you can give me some advices here - love your theme but the site is incredibly slow! I got this recommendation from page speed insights, but I'm not sure if I can do it or if it will make my site unusable? Please see this printscreen (https://paste.pics/10fae2fca4f6a558d5a87ac1eeccd04d) - I appreciate all the help I can get!

Best regards, Emmi

"The first page drawing on the screen is blocked by resources. Insert the necessary JS / CSS code directly onto the page and postpone loading of less-important JS code / stylesheets. Read more.

WordPress
There are a number of WordPress plugins that can help you add critical assets directly to the page or postpone the loading of less important resources. Keep in mind that the optimizations that these plugins do can cause them to function in themes or other plugins, so you may need to change the code."

Comments

• Hello,
    You shouldn't care about the google insights page speed, it's not a good tool to check it.
    Take a look at this topic:

But, if you want to make your website load faster you should:
    - Compress your images, we suggest to use tinyjpg.com
    - Disable all of the unused plugins
    - Decrease amount of enabled plugins

• Hi, 

Doesn't matter which page speed tool I use - the site is visually slow and also get the result slow on all tests. 

I have already compressed the images, disable and deleted all the plugins Im not using and set up cache - still super slow. 

Could you please have a look at the site and check if there is something else I can do?
  • Hey,
    our theme has very good scores on the google speed:
    The speed depends on what the user does to the theme in the end, how many plugins, how much images/content - is it optimized, cache, etc...
    We cannot know how your website was created and is used, we can only show you that it can have very good results in the speed test, although it is a massive wordpress theme which is already a big problem :)
    thanks
  • A problem we have is the fact that your theme never passes Google's Site Speed Test. This will get pointed out by other website designers who are after our clients. Do you intend on fixing the issue so your theme passes the tests?
  • Our theme passes the test as I have shown you in the screenshot. We do not intend to fix anything because everything is fine. It cannot be super fast straight out of the box, you have to first configure it properly (cache, optimization etc.) to get best results.
    thanks
  • Ok, Bryan, could you login to my site and see if I have done something weird that you wouldn't recommend then? Clearly I need some help here to solve the problem, and I would be super grateful if you could have a look. 
  • Sorry but we do not support SEO or theme optimization for users. We cannot help with that.
    thanks
  • @explorista_se, your issue bring me 2 comments:
    1. I had a similar issue with a site even if I had no issue before with the host, it was only because I reached an limit my host has and I was not aware before which is the number of files. it called that "inode usage".  To me it really looks like and issue with the connection or the host because as shown on your printscreen, time to download a simple small file is way to long. 
    2. Have you ever try to replicate the site?
    3. go to test in GTmetrix and go to the tab waterfall, it can help to identify the delay of each steps during the download
    Hope it might help you
  • Thanks Luigidivasta, I will check it out. 

Really disappointed with the support of this theme - bought a lot of themes and plugins before and have never gotten support this un-helpful. :(