Image optimization

Hello, 
My site is almost finish, now I am looking to improve the performances. Of course I run it in few speed tester and it appear the I should optimize the picture size and format as well for desktop and mobile. Strangely to me the "imagekit.io" proposed me 2 differents sizes for the same picture, one for mobile and one for desktop.

what is the best way to load one image size when the theme is loaded in desktop and another image size when it is on mobile?

thanks in advance
Luigi   

Comments

• Hello Luigi,
    If you want to make your website load faster you should:
    - Compress your images, we suggest to use tinyjpg.com
    - Disable all of the unused plugins
    - Be sure that your theme and plugins are up to date
    Thanks
  • Thanks for the answer.

I followed everything and it has improve the user experience quite a lot. 
    However I am still facing some behaviors that I did not see before, I explain. During the load, the page display briefly (but still visible) the middle of the page before the slider. see printscreen

If you wanna see here the address :env-ktest.com/restaurantLuigi

Is there a way to avoid this? force to load before the slider as it is at the top of the page? 
  • Please change the header background color in the theme options > colors > header to the same, as a background of a revolution slider.
    It will look like a lot better - but if you don't like this effect, you can install some plugin, to preload your page first.
    Thanks