How to make the menu item to be highlighted but not on its parent?

edited October 2019 in Blog
Please I have a couple problems on my blog section.

From this photo below

1. As you can see 'Press' one the menu, it is the one of categories of my blog post, or 'News' as I named it.

So every time I am on the Press page (which is a categories page I added in Appearance / Menu section, not an actual page is created in the Page section), it seems to highlight the News menu too!

Do you know how to have it be highlighted only the categories page not together with blog page?

2. How can I remove 4 dots icon in front of 'Read more' button? I use code .icon-doc-text::before {display:none !important;} but it stills appears on Related posts in single post page.

Thank you

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co
    thanks
  • Here is the link of my website

Thank you
  • 1) So, it can be customized only with the Custom CSS code, please paste that code below into the Theme Options > Custom CSS & JS > CSS
    body.category-press #menu-menu-right li:first-child a::after{
    display:none !important;
    }

But, please, do not change the menu items positions, this CSS will work only for menu layout which is set now.
    Thanks
  • That works like a charm, thank you so much.

However, on the mobile view it still not yet be fixed as you can see in the images:

Please can you help me solve it on mobile screen one as well?

Cheers
  • Also, at the 2nd request above:

How can I remove 4 dots icon in front of 'Read more' button? I use code .icon-doc-text::before {display:none !important;} but it stills appears on Related posts in single post page.

Here is the close up of where I meant:

Thank you 
  • 1) Apply this CSS, it will fix it on mobile too:
    @media(max-width:1240px){
    body.category-press #menu-menu-right li:first-child a{
    background:inherit !important;
    }
    }
    2) It will remove these dots:
    button .icon-layout{
    display:none !important;
    }
    Thanks
  • Thank you, the highlight menu item works properly now.

But those dots are still there in the button. Do you have any solution?

Thanks 
  • OK, I have managed to get it all done.

That's all! Thank you so much for your assisting. It helps a lot!!

Have a great day!