Press Release Template not Displaying Correctly

I noticed my custom post type "Press Releases" are not displaying the content properly. The only thing showing up is a default subheader (ex: https://saratech.com/press-release/saratech-recognized-by-siemens-plm-software-as-smart-expert-partner/). I have recently updated the BeTheme parent and Wordpress.  When I inspect the code I see there is a <p> tag showing “The site is experiencing technical difficulties” and there is an id=”error-page”. This is only occurring on press release post types, regular blog posts are showing correctly. All plugins/themes/WP are up to date.  I tried troubleshooting this on my dev site with no luck. Any ideas?

Comments

• Hello,
    Sorry, but we do not have any tool to create the "Custom Post Type", which means, that it require theme and wordpress files customizations - which unfortunately, we do not provide help with.

Please, check, if you followed all of the steps provided here:

Thanks
  • edited October 2019
    I was able to find the fix. I copied the single.php file from the parent Betheme folder into my child theme folder, renaming it as my custom post type file name (ex: single-press-release.php). I also copied the content-single.php from the parent Betheme includes folder and added it my child theme's includes folder and renamed that one to content-single-press-release.php. After renaming them, I edited the single-press-release.php to redirect the get_template_part('includes/content', 'single'); to my custom file name in the includes folder ('includes/content', 'single-press-release');.