Header Builder: No option to adjust the height

edited October 2019 in Theme support
Hello,

I would like to use the HeaderBuilder because I like the transition from the fixed menu to the sticky one much better (Because there is no jumping animation and no transparency).

Unfortunately it is not possible to set a minimum height for the header. In the normal theme options this is possible.

My questions:

- How can I set a minimum height in HeaderBuilder for default and sticky header? After that, it would be almost identical (without the smooth transition)

Thanks in advance!

Edit / Side note:

Alternatively, it would be sufficient for me to use the theme options instead of the HeaderBuilder:

- How can I switch off the sticky animation (and the different sizes) so that the menu changes seamlessly?

- Which CSS codes can I use to change the background color and the link colors?

Comments

• Hello,
    all of the header builder heights are dependent on the amount of content and cannot be changed.

Header builder does have an animation for the sticky option, it is just a fixed header and it start to scroll with the page.
    You can change the color of the links in the header builder when creating a menu, you do not need CSS.
    thanks
  • First of all: Thank you!  I didn't see the options for the color :)

And you are wrong: I was able to change the height within the header builder (there is also a "row option" which I found right after the other one) ;-)

In my opinition you can't call the transition to sticky as "animation". It just changes from fixed to sticky in no time. I want to add a transition with a small delay as described here or here.

Can you please tell me if that can be done with custom css? I can't find the right class :/

• Transition is not gonna work there, because it's turning on another div, and disabling the old one.
    Notice it on the source code:

Thanks
  • I see, that's a pity... but thank you anyway! :)

Is it possible to achieve a similiar effect by using the standard theme options (without header builder)? I guess there must be a way to disable the "jump in"-animation of the sticky header...

Thanks in advance!!
  • What do you mean by "jump in" animation - there is no animation, it's just appearing on page.
    You can apply an animation there, but you would have to use keyframes with static height value.

Thanks