Add direct WPBakery Page Builder licence without losing site content

Hi guys

I have a purchased a direct licence for WPBakery Page Builder and want to add it to the site. WPBakery Support advised to confirm with you guys on their answer before doing .... they said to "deactivate and delete theme version of the plugin and then install the standalone version which is purchased by you. However we would also suggest you to reconfirm the same with the theme author before proceeding, because if they have done any changes to the core plugin files, then they will be lost during this process, which inturn can affect the content/layout at your end".

Can you please confirm that if I deactivate the WPBakery Page Builder plugin and reinstall it with the direct purchase licence, that the content and layout will not be affected? 

Current Betheme Child version: 1.6.1.1 
Current plugin version: 6.0.2
Purchased plugin version: 6.0.5

Also, if the site is utilising the child theme (which is running on the latest version), am I still required to update the parent theme (currently 20.9.5.1)

Thanks for your assistance.

Socially_Savvy

Comments

• Hello Savvy,
    You don't have to remove the WPBakery to activate the direct licence.
    Just go to the Theme Options > Addons & Plugins > Premium Pluginss and set the "Visual Composer" to "I have purchased an extra licence on CodeCanyon", then just activate the product license in "WPBakery Page Builder > Product License"

Also, if you are worried about your content, please make a backup first - we suggest to use this plugin:
    It's copying the content, theme options and all of the records in the database.

Thanks
  • That's fabulous. All done. Thank you so much for your assistance.
    Greatly appreciated.