Full width revolution sliders (scale image >100%)

If I set a background image to a slide in revolution slider, it can be set to 'cover' and will go fullwidth as per the slider settings.

However, if instead of using a background image in the slide I use the same image as a layer, the layer images won't scale>100%. So if my image is 1900px wide it will show a gap left and right on large screens when the browser window > 1900px. I don't really want images any larger than 1900px, that's enough of a bandwidth hog already.

The reason for having to put the background as a layer is because I want another layer to fade in and stay aligned. As the layers within the slide scale differently to the background image, the alignment of layers over the background is off when you resize the window.

An example of the slider is here: 

I've shown the first slide (trees) with all the images as layers in the slide.

The second slide (roses) has the b&w background layer set as the background to the slide (within edit slide, not slider settings).

The first slide doesn't scale beyond 1900 px, the second slide does, but the layers don't align.

Any way to fix this?

PS Excuse the poor quality of the image masking, they're just quick edits to get the point across. I will mask them properly if the customer wants the sliders! ;-)

Comments

• Hey,

we have checked what you described, but as we see, slider scales properly and we do not see anything wrong.

Thanks!
  • No, it only scales up to 1900px wide. Beyond that it doesn't scale:

As you can see, the first image with the trees, the blue tree aligns properly with the background slide, but the width doesn't scale beyond 1900px (the width of the image).

On the second image with the roses, the background is set as a background image, not as a layer. It scales properly to the browser width. But the layers don't scale with it and don't align.

The image is also 1900px but scales beyond 100% when necessary.
  • Ohh, ok. We got it now. This is how it works unfortunately. Background images always fit to full screen but layers not and this is how revolution slider plugin works. There is nothing what you can do in this case.
  • OK, thanks for looking. 

Would layer slider work the same way or would it be better for what I'm trying to achieve?

• We are pretty sure, layer slider will work the same.