Restore site from Backup

Hi,

We had to restore our server from a database backup and now the content of many of the Muffin Builder pages are missing. What do we need to do to restore them from a mysqldump?

Comments

• Hello,
    Which plugin did you use to make the backup?
    We only support a "Duplicator" plugin for making the backups, all other plugins are not supported by us
    Thanks
  • The web host made the backup automatically - it will be a mysqldump
  • Basically I have the filesystem and the database but no access to the site as it was before the database was restored - is there no way to restore the site from these?
  • edited December 2019
    Sorry, but we are not sure how to restore it.
    You have to contact the hosting provider support team, they should be able to help you with it.
    Thanks
  • Hi,

The hosting provider have said:

--------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, this is a risk of using a modular builder such as muffin --

it's pushing elements more normally stored statically in the theme into the

database, massively increasing site complexity.

There's not a huge lot we can do to help here. We've already tried the

oldest backup we have, and it doesn't seem like that's helping. It does

appear to be a problem with Muffin Builder not correctly reading the data

it's got in the post metadata table, but without the theme's developer

looking, or a PHP developer spending a lot of time on it, I'm not sure

it'll be fixable.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The data is still there is the database - is there anything I can do with this markup to import it into the website? ( This is just the first few lines as there is a character limit)

a:4:{i:0;a:2:{s:4:"attr";a:18:{s:5:"title";s:0:"";s:8:"bg_color";s:0:"";s:8:"bg_image";s:0:"";s:11:"bg_position";s:22:"no-repeat;center top;;";s:7:"bg_size";s:4:"auto";s:12:"bg_video_mp4";s:0:"";s:12:"bg_video_ogv";s:0:"";s:11:"padding_top";s:1:"0";s:14:"padding_bottom";s:1:"0";s:7:"divider";s:0:"";s:9:"decor_top";s:0:"";s:12:"decor_bottom";s:0:"";s:10:"navigation";s:0:"";s:5:"style";s:10:"full-width";s:5:"class";s:0:"";s:10:"section_id";s:0:"";s:10:"visibility";s:0:"";s:4:"hide";s:0:"";}s:5:"wraps";a:1:{i:0;a:3:{s:4:"size";s:3:"1/1";s:5:"items";a:5:{i:0;a:3:{s:4:"type";s:6:"column";s:4:"size";s:3:"1/1";s:6:"fields";a:12:{s:5:"title";s:7:"Albania";s:7:"content";s:62:"<h2><b><span style="color: #ffffff;">Albania ??</b>
  • Sorry, but we did not test the 'mysqldump', we can do nothing about it at all.
    We always suggest to use the "Duplicator" plugin for backups because it works well with our theme.

Thanks