LayerSlider WP Updates

Why is there such a long delay with updates to LayerSlider? Does this have anything to do with LayerSlider folks moving away from Envato and the relationship Muffin Group has with Kreatura Media? We are stuck at version 6.9.2 while the current code is at 6.10 which was released Nov 25th.

Comments

• Hello,
    Layerslider is no longer a part of themeforest. Further updates will not be supported.
    thanks
  • I had previously contacted Kreatura Media and they said nothing has changed with any of the theme developers. Case in point: I have a couple clients who came to me using the Avada theme. They are able to update Layer Slider WP to the latest version. Maybe I missed the email from Muffin Group they will be dropping support for any new version updates past 6.9.2.

What is the official position of Muffin Group regarding future updates to LayerSlider WP when bundled with Betheme?
  • We provide only the latest version of the LayerSlider which is available in the Envato Market.
    As Bryan said, further updates will be not supported, so if you would like to update it, you have to buy the separate license key from their website.

Thanks

• Thanks for the clarification. I would hope Muffin Group would reconsider and negotiate a deal with Kreatura Media like Avada developers apparently did. 

Otherwise I would suggest removing Layerslider imagery from your advertisement on Themeforest. since the expectation is it will be updated like Slider Revolution and or WP Bakery. This would be false advertising, not to mention possibly setting the stage where the plugin is not updated and if a security update is not installed they may get infected. I would also remove it from the Betheme Install Plugins page since it used to make updates, which in this case will not ever happen. 

M
  • Hello,
    thanks for your suggestion. We will take a look into that.
    thanks