API server connection

Hi there, I'm trying to register the theme on my localhost setup using MAMP and I'm receiving a system status error:

Your server is blocking connection to API server api.muffingroup.com
Please contact your hosting provider.

WP_Error Object
(
[errors] => Array
(
[http_request_failed] => Array
(
[0] => cURL error 35: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to api.muffingroup.com:443
)

)

[error_data] => Array
(
)

)

Could you provide any insight into what may be wrong in the setup?

Comments

• Hello,
    as the message says, please contact your hosting provider in order to find out why he is blocking our connection.
    thanks
  • Hi Bryan, sorry your feedback can't help.
    Because we use MAMP as our local develop server.
    In this case we are our own hosting provider and ask for a workaround and solution to use your Theme.

So what can we do :-/
    Thanks
  • Please use the XAMPP instead, the MAMP usually has the problem with some of the functionalities of BeTheme.
    Thanks
  • HI Pablo, thank you very much for your feedback (y)
    But it is not an option for me, to switch only for this project to xampp, we use only mamp in the complete agency. And this means if we want work collabrative on this project everybody has to install xampp.

For now I did the switch and installed the web on a live server under a subdirectory to use and configurate the theme. Its not the best case so far, because in the most projects I use a childtheme because I add some extra features incl custom scss/css to themes if nessesary.

But for now it is working fine.
    I thank you very much for your Feedback.
    Cheers and Greetings from Germany and stay home and save in this days.