Licenses on temp sites vs Actual websites ? Cleaning up licenses

Hi

I have logged into : http://api.muffingroup.com/licenses/ to check my licenses. I'm very confused though.

I have purchased 9 - BeTheme licenses on Envato Market but your way of figuring out what license goes to what website is VERY confusing and I really need to figure this out. Your company limits the license to 1 site but being able to tell what site it is REALLY used for seems extremely difficult or is not possible.

Since I have purchased so many different licenses- I'm afraid I POSSIBLY have mixed up the licenses and used a license for more than 1 site. I could be right and I could be wrong...but I don't know because the way you handle these things is very convoluted.

I have kept an accurate log of which license goes to which website but things don't still seem to match exactly. Right now it seems I have actually bought more licenses than websites that need them.

Besides going to: http://api.muffingroup.com/licenses/ ....how can I figure out an accurate accounting of all these licenses I have purchased ?!

As well specifically- I have 2 TEMPORARY DOMAINS show up in my registered licenses and I think they should be DE-REGISTERED and RE-REGISTERED with the REAL, ACTUAL DOMAIN and not the old temporary domain, which is not being used. How can I do this without having issues ?

Thanks

Comments

• Hello,
    this website is not for maintaining your license keys, it is just for checking where they are registered and it gives a possibility to deregister it remotely if the theme was removed without deregistering it first.

You can check all of your licenses on your envato market - themeforest account. You can see them all in the downloads tab.

Also, have in mind that if you have, for example, an old website, that has an old BeTheme version, that did not have the registration process active yet, it will not show in the license tool. If you update it, and register with a license key, it will show then.

thanks
  • edited January 2020
    Hi Bryan

You can NOT see what I am asking on the Envato market- Themeforest downloads tab. You CAN download the license number (which does not automatically show up)...it must be individually downloaded.

Even then- the license number still does NOT show any connection to what website the license goes to. So there is still NO WAY for the user to actually know what website that license is used on. This is a major flaw that you/ Themeforest should figure out how to work better. You are strict in having a license used for only 1 website but make it very hard to figure out for what sites its used on.

Please answer this question which I asked previously:

I have 2 TEMPORARY DOMAINS that show up in my registered licenses and I think
    they should be DE-REGISTERED and RE-REGISTERED with the REAL, ACTUAL
    DOMAIN and not the old temporary domain, which is not being used. Should this be done and how can I do this without having any issues ?

Thanks
  • If you want to deregister your theme without any issues, you should do it through the dashboard of the betheme.

But, if your temporary domains does not exist anymore, please go to that "API TOOL" you sent in your first message, fill all required fields and deregister it.
    Then, register it on proper domain.

Thanks
  • edited January 2020
    Can not figure out what license number is being used on a few websites I developed. See attachments. There is no way for me to figure this out. License number doesnt show up anywhere.

You also mentioned previously above :"Also, have in mind that if you have, for example, an old website, that
    has an old BeTheme version, that did not have the registration process
    active yet, it will not show in the license tool. If you update it, and
    register with a license key, it will show then."....how can I update BeTheme unless I pay for a new/ license update ??

Please be very specific with your answer- AS I DO NOT SEE ANY WAY TO UPDATE sites that are like this in the above screenshots. Details and or screenshots would be best so there is no confusion.

Thanks
  • You don't have the "BeTheme" logo because you are using very old version of BeTheme, please update it first:
    Here is an instruction on how to update the theme:
    http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#general
    Theme updates will not delete your content unless you have changed the
    files directly in which case we suggest using a child theme.
    We also recommend creating a backup file.
    Please remove the theme completely from your theme folder and install a
    fresh copy. Do not overwrite files.
    thanks

Remember to make the backup before doing this, we suggest to use the Duplicator plugin, link:

Also, you can check which license key is used on which domain using our Api tool.
    Thanks
  • edited January 2020
    Do I need to buy a new license for each website to update once support has expired ?

You said: "remove the theme completely from your theme folder and install a
    fresh copy. Do not overwrite files." .....Do I just delete the main theme and NOT the child theme before updating ?

Where in : http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#general are the DETAILED instructions how to update this old version of BeTheme ? Just by giving me the help file is not showing me where it is. That's general instructions on anything and everything.

I'm sorry but you do not seem to be answering my questions with enough detail for me to understand. You're giving me generic answers. I don't want to mess up my sites by doing the wrong thing....

Thanks very much
  • 1) After purchasing the BeTheme license, you get a life-time access to updates and included plugins.
    The "Support License" is only for the support forum, all of your functionalities of betheme are still working.

2) Yes, you have to remove the Parent theme and paste the new files inside.
    The Child theme is created to keep the theme files customizations while updating the theme.
    Remember, that all of the theme options and page's content are stored in the database, so deleting the theme files will not remove them.

3) That documentation is really old, and we are currently working about the new one, but updating the theme can be found here (on that old documentation)

4) Remember to make the backup before updating the theme.
    Use the plugin I sent you in my previous answer.
    Thanks