Hello,

I bought BeTheme a while ago and previously had it installed
on a domain that I no longer own. I’m having
problems with updating 2 plugins.

Here is what I'm seeing: https://i.imgur.com/4MEQEeD.png

I’m wondering if the problem is similar to
this person’s problem: https://i.imgur.com/MUMpqyz.png

I have no problems with Slider Revolution but maybe the BeTheme
website that I used on the previous domain did not involve Slider Revolution. Anyway
there is no way for me to uninstall these plugins from the other domain, if that turns out to be the problem, since
I no longer own it. Is there any way you can help me fix this issue without me
giving access to the WP dashboard? I would really appreciate help with this since
my site is all ready to go except for these issues. Thank you.

Carla

Comments

• Hey, this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest

If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme > Dashboard)

After that, get into the license manager once more, if the license key is still claimed - deregister it, if it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme > Dashboard) and try to update your theme/plugins couple of times (usually it pass after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.
    thanks
  • edited January 2020
    Thank you Pablo. I went to the BeTheme > Install Plugins and was actually able to update the WP Bakery Page Builder plugin from there (without deregistering the license). But the Layer Slider is the only one that won't update. Is it possible that the newest version of BeTheme just doesn't have the newest version of the Layer Sider plugin (6.10.0) and maybe I need to wait until a new update of BeTheme comes out? 

I also just tried what you said to do (disable, deregister, etc.), all the steps, and Layer Slider is still not updating.

Another question: If I delete Layer Slider, will BeTheme prompt me to install it again, without having to totally uninstall & reinstall BeTheme? This person seemed to find that as the resolution:
  • Hey,
    there is currently and issue with the Layer Slider since the authors left the Envato Market. We are currently talking with them about the updates and it looks like soon it will be updated.

You can remove LayerSlider with no issue and install it again later. It is not needed for the theme to work properly in any way.
    thanks
  • edited January 2020
    Bryan,
    Thank you for your help. I'm sorry, this is my last question: If I uninstall LayerSlider, can I reinstall it without uninstalling and reinstalling BeTheme and without buying a new license for the plugin? Because that would be a lot of work to create my site all over again if I had to uninstall/reinstall BeTheme to get LayerSlider back.
  • Yes, of course you can reinstall it easily.
    BeTheme is independent of the plugins, so you can remove the plugins and install it once more without installing the Betheme.

If you are worried, you can make the backup first with that plugin:

Thanks