What is a 'sliding top'?

Hi, I've searched the internet and nobody defines what this is. I've checked the BeTheme Manual, which says how to use it, something about widgets in the menu????, but no definition. I'm guessing it relates to the menu, and whether it moves or not, but that function seems to be covered under 'Scrollable'. While I'm here, what is a Mega Menu, and how is it different to a menu.

Finally, it would be helpful if the typeface selections were shown in the selection menu, as many applications do. Or is there a selection sheet available somewhere?

I'm sure there are other terms that the definition of which are assumed knowledge, maybe a bit of a glossary in the manual would help.

Cheers
Mark

Comments

• Hey,
    if you go to theme options>header & subheader> sliding top, you will be able to enable it.
    It will show on the top of your website, as an arrow and when you click it a menu will "slide from top".
    You can populate this area with widgets, that can be set in appaerance>widgets.

Screens:

We will release a new version of the manual soon.
    thanks
  • edited February 2020
    OK, thanks, I see that it's a drop-down section that can hold things. I note that it obscures my menu and I think had to fossick around to find how to get rid of it.

I don't see that in use anwhere. What is it's intention? This is the type of detail that should be in the manual, a short description on where it might be used.
  • It's usually used for keeping informations like e-mail or short information about the website.
    There is no simply explanation what you can insert there, it's just an addon for the theme - it was very popular back in 2015, but now it's forgotten.
    thanks