Content link shortcode does not performe _self option

Hi!
The very old "bug" :  when everyone choose content link shortcode - there is by default option Target=_blank. Changing that option to target=_self does not help - the window is new nevertheless (  But if to delete that option - yes - the window is the same :-)
Pay developers attention, please

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co
    thanks
  • Pablo, ufff... Why the link is needed? And how you will check backend with the link?
    Try to add content link shortcode - with options: target=_blank AND then target=_self You will see that option target=_self does not work. This is the little bug inside sortcode [content link]
  • I have to check the source code, as I tested it on my local envoirment it works fine.
    That's why, we have to take a look at your page.
    Thanks
  • Pablo - hello!
    I have a minute now to show the situation. The problem must be sent to developers. I think...
    Look - the link
    Below the content therea are 2 content links: back (to the left) and forward ( to the right).
    Left link has attribute target="_self"
    Right link has target="_blank"
    To confirm - 2 images.
    Both work as _blank, Why?
    You know - I saw that mistake more then a year ago, but did not pay attention as fixed by deleting attribute target, then the content link works as _self. And only if delete that attribute.
    You said: as I tested it on my local environment it works fine.
    Pablo... about 7 days to prove...  If Support will say not TRUTH - that will be very bad. BECAUSE the function in themes shorcodes CAN'T return _self, it is as follow:
    Again: this function does not able to show _self attribute. And you tell me - everything is ok...
    Send this to developers, please.

• First of all, your theme is not up to date, you should update it first.
    Secondly, you didn't read the splash page about the content link correctly, there is no "_self" attribute, it's a "0" or just simply remove the "target" attribute completely, because "self" is the default one.

Thanks
  • Yes, Pablo - I did not read, I am sorry very much. I did not pay attention that target may have 0 as _self. And this is sure is not clear. Ok - understood.
    Sorry again.