JS # handling error

Hi there,

I have Be | theme installed on this site http://www.bcreativedesigns.co.uk/ along with a plug in called "Media Grid" - you can see Media Grid on the portfolio page working fine http://www.bcreativedesigns.co.uk/portfolio/
Media Grid has filterable categories and the portfolio items have multiple images that open it a lightbox - all this works flawlessly *but* there is a problem "deep linking" directly to the categories from other pages.
On the homepage of the site there are mutliple images that link to the media grid categories but clicking on them causes JS errors because of a problem in the theme and the way it handles # placeholders in URL's

To reproduce the error just visit the site, click on a homepage image and then click on an image in that portfolio category - you will see the lightbox opens but no image is shown.

The plug in developer hasn't been much help but has stated that it's a theme problem and I have confirmed this by switching to a default WP theme - the deep linking works fine.

Some script included with the theme is messing with the handling of #'s in URLs????

Any help please?????

Comments

• Hi,

we have option to disable pretty photo which can be the reason of your problem and you can disable it under Theme options > Addons & Plugins > Addons section. But if this won't help, then we have no idea what else could be the problem. And because it's plugin that we do not support, you should speak with plugin's author.

Thanks!
  • I have already disabled all JS options including pretty photo and the problem still remains, the error is being caused by the theme and not the 3rd party plug in because the plug in works as it should using a default wordpress theme.
    I have spoken with the plugin author and he says the problem is caused by some JS in the theme affecting the way #'s in URL's are handled
  • Ok - I've narrowed down the problem to the following file /themes/betheme/js/scripts.js

If I rename this file (to prevent it loading) then the media grid plug in works as it should but I lose the menu drop down, guess i am going to have to start stripping JS functions from that file individually until I find the problem... :(
  • It means that plugin is not compatible with theme and currently we can't do anything in this case. Probably we use something what is not compatible with your plugin.
  • I have found and fixed the problem, the culprit was with the Isotope function in scripts.js by removing the following lines the plugin now works:

// Navigation | Hash
            hashNav();