BeTheme not displaying on Internet Explorer

Hi there, 

My theme looks good on all browsers. However, when I look on internet Explore the theme is all broken. I can't see the naviagtion and other elements throughout. Please advise. This site is on a local server so please let me know how I can best send you screen shots to show what the issue is.

Thank you, 

Luisa

Comments

• Hello Luisa,
    Please upload images on https://prnt.sc and post a links in your next reply.
    Also, if possible, please upload this site to be live and attach a link to your website too.
    Thanks
  • unfortunately my client can't make the link live. 

Here's a screes shot of the home page. http://prnt.sc/rahup1

And how it looks on other browsers

Thanks, 
  • edited March 2020
    Sorry, but I will not be able to do investigation without the link to the website.
    Our theme support web browsers that are no older than Google Chrome 5 version 64 and later
    Apple Safari 1 version 11 and later
    Mozilla Firefox 59 and later
    Microsoft Edge 2 16 and later
    Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 and later

All other probably will work fine too, but some of the things could not be looking that great as on the newest browsers.
    We follow the rules which are coming from the envato forum, see the topic:
    thanks
  • The version in the screenshot is the left over remnants of Internet Explorer 11. This could have issues with all sorts of technologies. 

Looking at your screenshot it could be anything from a caching issue, to a minify issue if you use code optimization, etc.

Honestly you cannot support Internet Explorer 11. The browser was barely a browser when it was released and primarily functioned because it made mistakes and overlooked certain technologies. 

If the site works in edge, firefox, opera, chrome, and vivaldi for example, then I would tell the client that the browser he is trying to use has not been supported since 2012. (they stopped releasing security patches well before then).

If he wants it working with IE11 you can tell him that his development costs just quadrupled. (not joking as you would have to create an alternate "dumbed down" version of the site which only loads upon IE11 detection). Even then I can guarantee you that the liability alone in supporting IE11 rests purely on the shoulders of your client. Any hack, leak of contact information from contact forms etc. would rest with them.

My professional recommendation is to tell the client that IE11 is not supported by Microsoft themselves, and should not be supported. Also if your client uses IE11 make sure they switch to a secure browser. It is 2020 and IE11 is extremely dangerous to the user. 
  • I agree with that message, the IE11 shouldn't be use anywhere, but sadly it still used by a lot of people.
    But, as I tested on our pre-built websites, they work fine with the IE11, the source of problem must be somewhere else, that's why I asked you for the link to the website.

For now, I'm not able to help you at all because we cannot look at the source code.
    Thanks
  • I agree with you pablo, It looks like some sort of caching or minify system is at play here (Varnish maybe) which could cause this.

Good platform though Pablo, while I have my own hicups with BeTheme at times, the code you guys implemented is relatively easy to see through and understand. 
  • If you have some questions with understanding the theme, feel free to ask ;)
    Thanks