Trying to translate the 404 page with no success

edited April 2020 in Theme support
Hi there

I can't find a way to translate my 404 page. I went in the 404.php code and saw this code
$translate['404-title'] = mfn_opts_get('translate') ? mfn_opts_get('translate-404-title', 'Ooops... Error 404') : __('Ooops... Error 404', 'betheme');

What does it do? Can I translate from here?

I'm using Polylang

thank you

Comments

• Hi,

Sorry, but we did not test this script/plugin with the theme. Our policy states that we do not support third party plugins or custom code so unfortunately, we cannot be of any help to you.
    Also, we cannot recommend any plugins other than the ones we support. You can find the list on this page, in the sidebar:
    https://themeforest.net/item/betheme-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/7758048

thanks
  • I understand you dont support third-party modules but isn't it a basic question? Am I the first to ask a question about translation? 

Could you at least tell me what the function in the 404.php is doing?
  • edited April 2020
    After some research I found that you can translate the 404 in your theme options.

But it doesn't seem to work as the value entered in the input fields is displayed on both languages.
  • If you would like to create a 404 page with your text inside, you can just create another page and set it as a 404 page, you don't have to translate the strings at all.
    Theme Options > Pages > Error 404

Thanks
  • strange answer the 404 Page is content of the be-theme
    why doesnt work any customisation of the translation.
    btw. why the languange file are not open?

in the 404.php is a call fpr translation, but maybe there in the languagefile nothing
    $translate['404-title'] = mfn_opts_get('translate') ? mfn_opts_get('translate-404-title', 'Ooops... Error 404') : __('Ooops... Error 404', 'betheme');
    $translate['404-subtitle'] = mfn_opts_get('translate') ? mfn_opts_get('translate-404-subtitle', 'We are sorry, but the page you are looking for does not exist') : __('We are sorry, but the page you are looking for does not exist', 'betheme');
    $translate['404-text'] = mfn_opts_get('translate') ? mfn_opts_get('translate-404-text', 'Please check entered address and try again or') : __('Please check entered address and try again or ', 'betheme');
    $translate['404-btn'] = mfn_opts_get('translate') ? mfn_opts_get('translate-404-btn', 'go to homepage') : __('go to homepage', 'betheme');
    ?><!DOCTYPE html>
    <html <?php language_attributes(); ?> class="no-js<?php echo esc_attr(mfn_user_os()); ?>">

dont know what it have to do with plugins and third party
  • All translation are open and available in the theme folder.
    You can use our theme options>translate to change some things.
    For more changes you have to edit the language files manually or use a plugin like POeditor.
    thanks
  • as i seen the lnguage file are assemble and not editable
  • and sorry POeditor is commercial why i must pay for edit a translation?
  • As Bryan said, all of the translations which are available with standard BeTheme can be found in the Theme Options > Translate - there you will find fields for 404 page too

For multilingual or more advanced translations of our theme, you would have to use WPML or POEdit plugin.
    Thanks