Blog filters, set "All" as current on page load

Hello,
On the Blog masonry grid filtering menu :
I wish to style the "All categories" as current on page load.
If I filter a catogory.. then click back on "All categories" it has the following class in the code : class="reset-inner current-cat"
On page load however it has no class even though it is showing all posts from all categories so it should be highlighted as current.
Please let me know
thanks

Comments

• Hi,
    Please always attach a link so we can check it out. If the page is offline(localhost) then our help will be limited, you will have to contact us when the page is online. Also please make sure that the page is not under maintenance before you provide us the link.
    It is always a good idea to also attach a screenshot, for that use services like snag.gy or pasteboard.co

thanks

Hello, yes site is under dev, I do not want to put access here publically and do not see an option to put it privatly.
    Bellow are images explaining the problem.
    On page load it's image 1. It sould logicaly (or at least in my logic) be image 2.
    thanks

• For this customization, you will have to attach a link to your website.
    I can create a CSS code for you.

Thanks
  • IHow can I give it privatly? Do you have a demo of blog with filters on your side? problem should be the same
    thanks
  • It depends if you are using jquery filtering or not.
    But, I tested it on local machine and in both cases it will not be possible - sadly, there is no any class which could tell, which one is activated.
    Sorry, but it will not be possible to achieve.

Thanks
  • for me this is a straightforward bug. That can be solved. Are you telling me that with a 59€ theme sold so many times nothing can be done? Sorry, I have 12 years experience in developping websites and bought many items on envato.. I find the answer nothing is possible for something that should be working.. frustrating. Seems normal that the item should be highlighted, don't you agree???
  • It's not a bug - this is how it's coded.
    As I told you, there is no 'active' class on that element because it was not desired to have it, also any of the customers complained about it.

To achieve that, you would have to edit the wordpress and betheme files, but we do not support this kind of modifications.
    If you would like to see it as a one of the next features of the BeTheme, just type here, in this topic:

Thanks
  • I understand it is how it is coded but I still think it is not logical. So my opinion is that it is badly coded.. or I would just say it was left out but of course it would be logical for it to work that way...

Now as I told you I feel the support and the answers you are giving me here are not up to the level they should be. So are you going to go a bit out of your way here or do I have to use javascript to assign a class on page load myself and give your component a 1 star rating for poor support?

Please Pablo I know support is a difficult job. It really should not take you long to solve my problem.

• edited April 2020
    My hands are tied in that case, so giving me a bad rating won't change anything.
    This is how the BeTheme is made and as you told, you would have to create a js script (or modify theme files) to add additional class "active" and style it with css to make it higlighted (change the background color)
    But I'm not able to create the js scripts on the support forum, we only help with understanding the theme, fixing theme bugs and creating minor css codes.

But, to help you with js script, I can direct you with information, that every category has the separate class in the body tag.
    Take a look, I entered the motion category, and in body tag, the 'category-motion' appeared:
    So, this could be element, that you can use to 'recognize' with js script which element should have additional class.

Thanks
  • I just don't understand why you don't take position on if what I ask seems logical to you or not and just keep on saying it's made like that.. than sorry to say.. it's badly made