Pages not saving or updating

I was working on this site a few weeks ago and found that, even though my pages appeared to be updating, when I tried to view the page, the changes were not shown. If I closed the page, even though I got a notification that says that the page had been updated, it did not save the changes I'd made.

On the particular page that I sent you, I added a section at the bottom of the page that has a testimonial quote. But I cannot get it to update or save.

Please help! 8-[

- Sarah

Comments

• Oh, one more thing... I thought maybe it was a glitch that would go away when I was working on it a few weeks ago, but I am still getting the same behavior today. 
  • Hi,

Please provide us with your hosting environment settings, to do that please follow these steps:
    1) Go to the Wordpress > Tools > Site Health http://prntscr.com/nlyb22
    2) Click at the “Info” on the top of the page and open the “Server” tab http://prntscr.com/nlybm2
    3) Take a screenshot of the content inside that ‘Server’ tab http://prntscr.com/nlybyr
    Please make sure you are using Wordpress 5.2 or later, previous versions did not have this option built in.

Please use snag.gy or pasteboard.co to host the screenshot and send us the link to it.

Thanks
  • Ok, I followed the instructions. Here is my screenshot.
  • Hello,
    you hosting is limited, you should always check your betheme dashboard> system status before you continue with creating the website. Hosting values are most important.

Contact your hsoting provider and increase the input vars value to 5000. It is currently at 1000.
    Also, go to your dashboard and check for other existing problems.
    thanks
  • Ok, I will contact them.
  • I contacted them and they made sure the vars value and php time limit were the numbers listed in the dashboard. But after they updated, I still am having the same problem.
  • They said, "I have increased the memory limits to 2bg and increased the php timing to 360 "
  • But I still cannot save my updates to my pages. Some saves are working... I can duplicate something that I've already created... And I can delete things. But I'm trying to add a new section on my page with new text and images and that is not saving when I hit the update button.
  • Ok, after talking with my hosting company for a LONG time, I have discovered that the issue is not the vars value. They have explained to me that this is a theme limits issue. They say that I've reached my limit for the page that I am working on, which is this one:

http://box6169.temp.domains/~fruitio7/fruitiondesignnewsite/finnriver-farm-cidery/

I had no idea that this was thing... How do I increase my limit so that I can add more information to this page?
  • The limit for page is only on the "max_input_vars" side - we do not limit the pages in any way.
    All of the page content and settings are stored in the database, so once you save it, all of the data is uploaded into the database through the php functions.

And here comes the "max_input_vars" which cuts the content when the limit of vars is crossed, and it saves only the vars that fit in the limitation (5000).
    That page could take more vars than 5000, but that could be a little bit weird - you have to contact the hosting provider once more, tell them what I told you and ask for making a "php_max_input_vars" bigger once more, maybe 10k
    Thanks
  • That's not the issue. The vars is set to 20,000 and it's still not working.
  • Hey,

Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • I have the same problem, please let me know how you solve
    Tks
  • sinaibucio -

The  only way I was able to solve this problem was by contacting my hosting provider. They told me:

I went ahead by accessing the dashboard of your WordPress with temporary credentials and trying to add image to the same page at http://box6169.temp.domains/~fruitio7/fruitiondesignnewsite/wp-admin/post.php?post=2619&action=edit and received the following error:

The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

I am glad to inform you that, I have fixed the issue by updating the value of upload_max_filesize and as well removed comment from the line max_input_vars and updated its value in /home3/fruitio7/public_html/fruitiondesignnewsite/php.ini file.
  • WFT. I am STILL getting this same exact problem, now on my homepage! I'm working on my site and then I find out that whatever's at the bottom of the page has been deleted and I've lost all of that work!!! Please. I don't know what the fuck is causing this. I've spent hours on the phone with my hosting provider. They have put all of the vars and php numbers to exactly as you've asked and I am STILL getting this issue.
  • This is only the hosting enviroment, the theme itself cannot remove content when saving to the database.
    There is an issue between you and your provider.
    When you go to wordpress>betheme>dashboard do you have the hosting settings all in green?
    Just to be sure, please send us a screen from your wordpress health status so we can see the settings.

To do that please follow these steps: 1) Go to the Wordpress > Tools > Site Health http://prntscr.com/nlyb22 2) Click at the “Info” on the top of the page and open the “Server” tab http://prntscr.com/nlybm2 3) Take a screenshot of the content inside that ‘Server’ tab http://prntscr.com/nlybyr Please make sure you are using Wordpress 5.2 or later, previous versions did not have this option built in. Please use snag.gy or pasteboard.co to host the screenshot and send us the link to it. Thanks
  • Hi There, My name is Jesse, i'm a coder and I'm helping Sarah try to sort this out.  running phpinfo() shows that max_input_vars is 20000, and max_execution_time is 60000.  However, in the betheme dashboard, it shows max_input_vars at 1000 and max_execution time at 30. (maybe thats supposed to mean 30000?)  The dashboard says that it reflects the parameters in php.ini - but that's not correct, because php.ini has assignment statements for the previously mentioned values. 

Are there other places where those parameters could be set in betheme files?

But, aside from that, I think something important is that when I go to add items in muffin builder, the items look like they are getting added correctly, but when the "update" button is pressed, and then the page reloaded in a browser, the changes are not accurate, sometimes the changes don't show at all, and sometimes the new items are in a new section that was never added.  It feels to me like something in how betheme is attempting to save the results of changes that are made in the editor are getting corrupted - not just not executed, but mangled.  Perhaps the installation of betheme is corrupt? 
  • This ould be either that the theme is corrupted or that the phpinfo() is not credible because some hosting providers tend to change the local settings just for wordpress websites.

From what I have read, maybe I am wrong, this happens on the home page. Try to do the same thing on other pages, maybe a new one.If that works, then maybe there is some kind of an error on the home page and the saving to the database breaks. Mostly users paste shortcodes into shortcodes or full php code etc.

You say that the phpinfo() shows those results, what does the wordpress health tool show? It showed 1000 a couple of days ago.
    thanks
  • The WP site-health server settings also say PHP max input variables = 1000 and PHP time limit = 30.  So are you indicating that you trust what the WP site-health says over the phpinfo()?  I can see that if there's some place in some WP setting that sets these vars to 1000 and 30, that it would be missed by a non-WP page simply calling phpinfo().  I think I'm going to investigate further on the host side at this point.  

• The WP Site Health is more meaningful, it almost always show the proper value.
    If it's says that it's 1000 max input vars and 30 time limit, you should contact your hosting provider and ask him about increasing max input vars to 5000 and time limit to 180s

Also, remember that if you will change it on local, then it will be still limited to global value.
    Example, if your local value is set to 5000 and global to 1000, then local value will be stuck on the 1000 amount.
    thanks
  • Hey, another question: Is there a way to do a search and replace for URL's that are stored in muffin builders items for backgrounds and links?  I tried using PHP myadmin and other plug-ins to do global search and replaces on links (because we are going from development to production) and need to change links.  would LOVE some ideas!
  • Yes, of course you can.
    Please use this plugin below, provide old link to be replaced and the new link.

thanks
  • Didn't work.

It says "all done, have fun".  But I'm still waiting for the fun... ;-)

• Can you also explain the format with which the muffin builder saves it's data?  Is it compressed, or encrypted somehow?  I don't understand why using a DB search in PHP, or other search and replace plugins can't find the URL's and links saved in muffin builder items.
  • We strongly suggest not to touch anything with not supported plugins in the database, it could make your website issued without a way to restore it.
    You can select the data storage of the builder in the Theme Options > Global > Advanced, on the bottom of the settings.

About the search&replace, please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.
    Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • I sent a message with the contact form as indicated.

AND, can you answer the question of why someone would choose the various storage options in Theme Options > Global > Advanced?  Is there a support article on it? 
  • Well, still waiting for the contact form content.
    About the storage options, it depends on server configuration and plugins - some of them require other type of data encoding.
    thanks
  • I tested the website and all of the background images and links are linking properly to discoverypt.com website, do you have any example where it's not linked?
    Also, please clear the cache of your browser ;)

About the storage options, it depends on server configuration and plugins - some of them require other type of data encoding.
    thanks
  • fascinating, I swear that the URLS for images did not get changed in the actual page itself after the search and replace, did you execute it again?

Right, of course the storage options depend on a bunch of stuff, just wish there was some detailed info somewhere I could learn more about.  No BeTheme support page about it?