How to style Main Menu in Simple Header

edited May 2020 in Menu / Mega menu
Hi,

I'm new to the theme and altough it is pretty comprehensive when it comes to customization, I still need some more. ;)

I'm using Simple or Empty header. And I need to style the drop down menu. I've managed to alter its width and background by using following CSS:

/*Top Right Menu*/
.header-simple #Top_bar #menu {
    display: none;
    height: auto;
    width: 200px;
    bottom: auto;
    top: 100%;
    right: 1px;
    position: absolute;
    margin: 0;
    text align: right;
    background-color: #3333; }

However - I cannot seem to change the link color. The links by the way don't change at all. There should be some hover state, active link color change etc.
Where or how can I achieve that?

Thank you.

David

Comments

• Hello,
    I do not quite understand why you want to change anything related to menu with CSS.
    All of the colors related to menu can be found in:

Theme Options > Colors > Header
    Theme Options > Colors > Menu

Including "Active Menu Item" ;)
    Thanks
  • I'm sorry but no matter what I try nothing changes.

I need different background, different width (these two I managed with CSS) but also different link colors, hover, active and so on.

The hamburger menu icon also doesn't want to change color... :)

• That's because you are using pre-built colors, if you are using any different style of color than "Custom Skin", you will not be able to change color of the elements.

Theme Options > Colors > General

Thanks
  • Thanks. This solved the problem with headings colour.
    However - link in the menu pictured above still don't change the colour.
    And most of my links have white colour although I've set it up for blue.

imageimage
  • Some elements will not be possible to change with the theme options, some of them will require CSS code to change.

Also, check in settings of the item (in Muffin Builder) if you can change the color of it, some of them are having that option too.

So, do you need help with the CSS code, or you are able to customize it with yourself?
    thanks
  • The links should be the same everywhere, according to my set up, right? How come they are not?

And the links in the pop up menu should also be behaving like regular menu items - active link, hover and different colour. 

These two thing should not require any CSS I believe.

Otherwise I can do some things but I'm no coder so I would definitely appreciate your help. :-)
  • Hey,
    is there a link somwhere to your website so we can check the code?
    thanks
  • edited May 2020
    Hi,

It's dbwebtest.eu.

But this is a minor problem at the moment.
    See my other post about loosing all the settings...:(
  • You have custom colors selected which is fine.
    The footer color links have to be changed from theme options>colors>fooer.
    If you have a problem with a color to set, please list it and I will tell you where to change it.
    thanks
  • It's all back to normal, after I had to basically set everything up from the scratch due to that reset thing.

Colors are sorted now. Thanks.