Custom Font problem - special characters

Hi,

I need to use Syncopate font for headings - it a standard Google font and can be selected in your Theme Options. However - the site's language is Czech and special characters are not showing. The font however has these characters - I'm using it on my computer without any problems.
I even tried to upload this font as a custom one - both woff and ttf files but even this does not work.
Specifying Google Fonts Subset also did not work.

Could you please help me with this?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited May 2020
    And also - I've got H3 color set for white and on the website it is still the gold color from the Jet Demo site which I imported. No matter which color I assign to any of the headings, it never changes on the front end.

• Hello,
    I do not quite understand, I can see the special characters correctly, on which browser and os did you test it?
    Thanks
  • edited May 2020
    Safari, Firefox & Chrome, too. The following screenshot is from Firefox. You can see that the special characters have been replaced by letters from a different font - both in caps a regular letters.
    I'm on MacOS Mojave.

• Well, this font does not have these signs, take a look at the "Glyphs" at this page:

Look, on other font you have more glyphs, including yours:

It can look good on preview, but google does not publish the 'latin-ext' subset for this font, so sadly, it will not work.

Thanks
  • It apparently does not show all the glyphs on Google page. But it works perfectly fine on my desktop, see the screenshot.

Never mind, I've just installed Use Any Font plugin and that solved it. I was just hoping for the theme to be able to handle it without the plugin.
    But it works now and that's what counts! ;)

• Got another question because I think I'm missing something.

How do I easily style text within the column in MuffinBuilder? First of all there is no Text Block to be inserted and in the column text everything seems to be happening via code. Is this for real? If I need to change the font, colour and size I have to do it via the code? Which I'm not good at?
    In WP Bakery it is done so easily...

Maybe I missed some settings or there is a Text Block somewhere and I cannot find it?

• Yeah, the column needs custom html and inline css if you want to change it up.
    If you want to use the editor, plese use the "visual editor" item instead of the column.
    thanks