I have suddenly lost all CSS, font settings, background settings, everything.

Hi,

I cannot believe this. I've been working on the website for more than 12 hours yesterday.
Today I just tried to play with some items within the Theme Menu - responsive settings, header settings etc.

All of a sudden I've lost nearly everything: all the custom CSS (for Jet demo page plus my own), background settings, all the font settings (everything's back to Arial), Menu settings, Colours settings, custom Copyright etc.

How is this even possible? How do I get it back? It took me HOURS to set everything up!

I certainly did not reset anything.

Comments

• Hello,
    it also certainly did not revert on its own. Maybe you have and old theme options tab opened and saved by misstake.
    The only sollution would be to contact your hosting provider and ask for a backup, if your hosting offers it. We cannot do anything about that. Also, check if your hosting settings in your betheme dashboard.
    thanks
  • Hi,

I did not have any options opened - besides, something like this would require manually deleting all the Custom CSS, changing all the Fonts to Arial, all the colours to the default ones. 
    This cannot be done in one click.

Anyway - I've managed to set everything up the way it was, although it took me another hour or so.

I'm just hoping that his doesn't happen again in the future when the site is up and running....

• By default the theme font is not arial, it is roboto. Arial is a backup system font if something goes wrong. This is most likely a hosting issue of some sorts or a third party plugin that causes issues with the database.

The theme itself cannot revert or reset on its own. Everything is in the database and the database is managed by your hosting.
    thanks
  • "The theme itself cannot revert or reset on its own. "

This is good to know. At least I know to look into the hosting if it ever happens again.

Thank you.