Linking a Portfolio item to a video lightbox

Hi there,

I'm a long time use of BeTheme and love working with the theme - Muffin Builder in particular! :)

My client has asked me to set up their portfolio in a way that has all the features that current portfolio's have (category filers, title on hover etc.) but instead of linking to the portfolio page, they would like it to link to a video lightbox (they are a video production company, so don't really have a need for individual portfolio pages as it would just be the video anyway)

From my own digging around, it seems like this is only available for the featured image link? I tried to use a workaround where the Portfolio link opens the "Website" tag from the Portfolio Item into a new tab - but my client had their heart set on a lightbox.

Is this an option that I am missing?

If not:

Is there a possible workaround with "Posts" that I could look at doing instead?

Is there a portfolio plugin that does this which works well with BeTheme that you could suggest?

Or even better, do you offer custom development services at an additional cost to add this feature, or could you possibly point me in the right direction for the files that would need editing to achieve this?

I'm currently using a .hosts file to work on the site, so cannot send a link for you to take a look, but I hope I've explained it all well enough above - happy to provide the .hosts file in a private message if necessary.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks heaps!

Comments

• edited June 2020
    Hey,
    we do not have an option like that, you would have to modify the theme. You can set the featured image to open in a popup.
    You would have to add a custom field for the video link and then modify the code to open the video instead of the image in the popup.
    THis takes some skills tho, and you have to use a child theme.

thanks
  • Thanks for the reply.

We're not coding novices, but certainly not pros and would like to get it done properly.

I've sent a private message as recommended, if someone is spare - fantastic, but even any recommendations for our team on what files/code to add/alter will be much appreciated.

Thanks again!