Test site update

Hi,

I would like to test the update on our test site (non-live) but it is not possible because of an error. Is our a license issue? May I need a seperated license for a not-live (system test) environment?

Best regards
Yig

Comments

• Hello Yig,
    You can use your license key on localhost instance, do not worry about it ;)
    Tell me, what kind of error do you see? Also, if you are using MAMPP, please switch to XAMPP
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo,

it's not possible on the test envinronment to update the theme 21.1.7 to 21.7.4, there is following erro message:
    An error occurred when updating BeTheme Header Builder: The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.

I cloned the live environment to test enviroment to aanother subdomain with password protection.

Thank you
    Best regards
    Yig
  • Just download the package with betheme from the themeforest and replace the themes on the local environment - you will not lose any of the settings or content, because they are stored in the database.

Thanks
  • Hi, it is still not possible to upload and install the theme.

I downloaded the new "themeforest-Gl1o5cUt-betheme-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme-wordpress-theme.zip" file, bu it could not updated. 

Have I to delete the old theme in wordpress?

Best regards
    Yig
  • Please follow this video:

You will not have to use the FTP connection, but the steps are exactly the same.
    To delete old betheme, just head to the templates folder of the wordpress directory and remove folder with betheme.
    Thanks