Installing Premium plugins not working - Zip corrupt

Today we've bought a license and started installing the theme. Auto installing didn't work so the theme is installed manually through FTP. No problems here. 

Then we went on with installing the plugins from the BeTheme dashboard. The Plugins from the Wordpress Repository installed correctly, but the Bundled Premium plugins all give the same error. 

PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

After reading all the other posts here i've checked the following: 

1. System Status 
- Api server connection is good
- Uploads folder writable is good
- WP File system is good
- ZipArchive is good
- PHP Memory Limit is 512MB
- PHP Time Limit is 300 
- PHP Max Input Vars is 5000

2. Server has more than enough disk space, curl & fopen is enabled
3. Deactivated all the plugins (the ones who were installed through Wordpress repository). No difference.
4. Deregistered & reregistrered the Theme with the product key. No difference.

With a workaround we've captured the zip file which is downloaded through the API, but when we try to open that zip file it states that the file is corrupted, however, beyond compare was able to read its directory index in 1 of the multiple attempts.

Is there any other way to install these plugins, or could you check if the files are corrupt?

Comments

• Hi,

Please contact your hosting provider and check if the current PHP version on your server has CURL enabled.

thanks
  • Hi, 

As stated in my original post under point 2; CURL & Fopen is enabled on our server
  • You have to contact the hosting provider in this case, if you cannot download the plugins if all of the plugins are disabled and curl issue still appear.

Please ask him about some logs, he should enlight the source the problem.
    thanks
  • We have several default configs we can use for sites, on that we can alter a few settings depending on what a site needs. This allows us to easily manage php.ini files acros many sites. Other plugins install just fine without any problems whatsoever. It's only the plugins from the Bundled Premium Plugin repository that don't work.

The log files do not mention anything since wordpress correctly handles the error, which is the PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT. This error is also how we managed to obtain the zip file to investigate whether the file was properly downloaded. And on this we could verify that the file is indeed corrupt upon downloading. But as other plugins are succesfully downloaded and installed, we are certain that its not down to the server in this case.
  • I tested it on few hostings (where php version is 7 or higher), and all of the plugins are installed successfully.

The file cannot be corrupted, it's always tested before uploading it on server - it must be a problem somewhere on your server, that's why I asked you for some logs.
    Sadly, there is no other way to download the plugins, because they are bundled with the theme.

Please tell me, are you using the multisite?
    Thanks
  • Hi Pablo 

Thank you for all your comments and patience. 

We aren't using a multisite but digging a bit deeper we found the problem. 
    CURL was enabled, but the specific function "curl_exec" wasn't. 
    After enabling this function the plugins installed correctly. 

So if anyone else sees this error, it might be that. :-)