Can't update WP Bakery Plugin

2»

Comments

• Pablo,

I'm not confident enough to do this. I have lost it all once and don't know how to do this stuff..

• The video is just not basic enough. It flies through blah blah f£$$% know what!!
  • You want me to delete the folder then reinstall?
    Where will my stuff go?
    Which folder?

Not good enough, mate.

• Please follow all of the steps mentioned in this video:

But, if you will be in the "Appearance > Themes", please uninstall the BeTheme before installing it once more.
    If you are worried about losing the website, please make a backup with this plugin first:

Your content and theme options are stored in the database, so you will not lose them while removing theme folder of Betheme.

If you still do not know how to do it, please contact some kind of web developer, all of the steps I showed you (on video) are the most simple way and I'm not sure how I can make it more simple.
    Thanks
  • This is like pulling teeth. I'm sure you think this is hilarious. 
    I'm doing this on my own as my clever little **** of a developer has disappeared with the money!!
    I need a bit of actual help here - whish I am pretty sure I've paid for and I don't need one word glib answers.
    What does we found that your theme is not 'legal' at all. mean?

How can The theme code is modificated that way, to avoid the license key validation, that's why all of these malfunctions happen and that why I told you about the 'license key violation' possibly happen?

your content and theme options will not be deleted because they are stored in the database.What database?

be sure that you removed the betheme folder before it. How do I do that without cocking it up? Where is it? What's it called? I can't find the damn thing!!

If you want to get a refund, How will that ACTUALLY HELP ME  at this stage?

I note you still have not provide a complaints contact. Please do.
  • edited June 2020
    Let me try to explain it once more.
    Probably, your developer modified the theme core code to avoid the license key validation, it's just like a crack for games, softwares etc. that's why updating software is not working - your theme is not registered which means it's not legal at all because you cannot use the commercial website when your page is not registered.

Your content of the page, all of the theme options are stored in the database of your hosting, you are able to get into the mysql(database settings) through your hosting cpanel, but you don't have to do that, leave it as it is.

Let me ask you two questions:
    1) Do you have the license key for BeTheme?
    2) Do you have access for the themeforest account with BeTheme purchased?

I can install for you the latest version of BeTheme, but you will have to provide your license key after it to get the updates working fine.
    Also, if your developer made some other customizations, they will be lost too.
    Do you want me to install the latest, official betheme version?

Thanks
  • He has sent me the code. 
    I have already sent you the key. I have also had it verified as legal and valid.
    I have the theme account.
    I would like you to install it please. How can we find out if other mods were made? I gave you the log in - can you check this. Frankly, if I find the developer, I might harm him. So I need help, please. But I can't rebuild the site a third time. Will it be lost? Is that testable? I don't know what he would have customised anyway?

• Pablo,
    Have you started this because the site looks runied again!!!!
  • I did not touch anything.

Can you make the backup with this plugin?

Install that plugin above, follow the steps:
    1. Navigate to Plugins > Add New.
    2. Click the Upload Plugin button at the top of the screen.
    3. Select the zip file from your local filesystem.
    4. Click the Install Now button.
    5. When installation is complete, you’ll see “Plugin installed successfully.” Click the Activate Plugin button at the bottom of the page.
    Then get into the Duplicator and click "Create New"

Just click "next" all of the time, if page will be packaged, just download it on your computer.
    After that, I'll be able to install new BeTheme on your hosting - just tell me when you finish the steps mentioned above.

Thanks

• Pablo,
    Are you reinstalling this?
  • Make the back up now?
    Have you seen the site? It's just some words and the links don't work. Something has happened.
    If I make a back up while the site is screwed, won't it be screwed as well?
  • Doesn't work.
    File size limit of 500mb
    Files size requirement 1.43gb uncompressed.
    That went tits up!!
  • Tried dup to no avail.

• What to do now?
  • Can you contact your hosting provider about the backup?
    Or do you have any functionality on your hosting panel related to backups?

I do not want to proceed to changing themes because if your developer made some other customizations, they will be lost - of course, all of the theme content or the theme settings will not be lost.

If you are not able to make the backup and you are sure about the risk about losing customizations of the theme, just tell me, I'll start the process of installing the brand new theme files.

thanks
  • I have got Filezilla working and have made a copy of the user directory. Is this adequate?
    I am not able to open the pages on my PC as I don't know where they are. I searched index.php but this did not open. I don't know what the **** I'm doing!!
  • Okay, I reinstalled the theme and your page looks the same.
    Please go to the BeTheme > Dashboard and activate your theme, then you will be able to update your plugins ;)

Thanks
  • Pablo,

Thanks. It's been so long, I can't remember what I was trying to do and now I'm too scared to try.
    Thanks for your help on this. I really don't know what I'm doing. I should stick to Lego...
  • WOW! It's a completely differnt experience..
  • All of the features of BeTheme should work fine from now ;)
    If you have some other questions, feel free to ask.

Also, can you send us some contact to that webdeveloper who ran away and left you that version of betheme?
    Thanks