occasional error message “ERROR ESTABLISHING A DATABASE CONNECTION” on website and admin panel

Hi there,

We updated the theme a few days ago. However, we occasionally get the error message “ERROR ESTABLISHING A DATABASE CONNECTION” on both the website and the admin panel for less than 15 seconds. We have checked the wp-config.php and have not found any issue. Most importantly, we have over 40 websites sitting on a Digital Ocean droplet. When it’s down, all other websites are working normally. So I guess there is nothing wrong with the database server.

I suspect that the database sheets in your theme are corrupt. Any idea?

Look forward to hearing from you shortly. Thanks a lot.

BR,

Tom

Comments

• Hello,
    You have to contact your hosting provider, the theme uses the same functionality as the wordpress to connect to the database, so this is not a theme fault.
    It must be a problem with your configuration of the server.

thanks
  • hey bro,

thanks for your reply. let me reiterate that Most importantly, we have over 40 websites sitting on a Digital Ocean droplet. When it’s down, all other websites are working normally. So I guess there is nothing wrong with the database server.

this is NOT a server issue otherwise all other websites would have been down at the same time!!

br,
    tom
  • BeTheme does not have anything in common with that problem, you could even turn on the twenty twenty theme and the issue will be the same.
    This is clearly problem of the configuration of the wordpress or configuration of the server.

The connection with the mysql server is not changed, we use the same functionality as the core wordpress do.
    What is unique for BeTheme, are different queries for the database (for getting informations), but not the connection method itself.

Please double check, if login and password for mysql database is correct in the wp-config.php file.
    Also, check if it's connected to correct database - if you want, reinstall the wp and betheme from scratch.

thanks
  • hi there, thanks a lot for your time!
    have a good one.
    br,
    tom