Error Details In Theme

I am getting these error details in my theme and can no longer update any of my pages:
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 909 of the file /homepages/xxx/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/back.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /homepages/xxx/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/back.php:909
How do I fix this?

Comments

• Hello,
    please first:
    1. Disable all plugins
    2. Update the theme to the newest version
    3. Update Wordpress
    thanks
  • My wordpress is the most recent version but the theme is out of date. Will I lose the styling of the theme if I update?
  • Hello,
    its depends on how old is your theme and if you changed anything with the theme files.
    Please provide the current theme version.
    thanks
  • The regular Betheme is version 12.7 and the BeTheme child theme (which I have activated) is 1.6
    Here is a link to the website:
  • Well, this is a very old versions.
    There may be complications and your problems are for sure caused by the old version.

To not corrupt the current version, since you may have changed the theme files (or somebody else did) please make a copy of your website, and update the copy. This way we will know how it reacts. Before you copy the website, please disable all plugins and keep them disabled the whole time you are testing the updated version.

Best to use the plugin named "Duplicator" for copying the website and installing on a subdomain for example.
    Then, use your FTP to remove the theme folder and replace it with the newest version of the theme by downloading it from your themeforest account.
    thanks