betheme header builder mobile options

I had to utilize the header builder to address quirks/limitations of the standard header styles (cart location on mobile/header height on desktop)

unfortunately that change has also come with an unwanted quirk...

now, on mobile, the menu is rather boring, awkward and not at all what my client is looking for..

I see that the overlay option (what my client is actually looking for) is unavailable when using the header builder
but is there at least the ability to make the menu items full width like the standard menu?.

and if making the menu on mobile look normal is not possible... is there at least a way to utilize other plugins?
I attempted to utilize 2 different plugins and they both appear to be blocked...

Comments

• Hello,
    the header builder is a new plugin and we are still developing it.
    There are limited options right now and we cannot do anything to help you with this.
    The only way of making this work would be to customize the theme files and use CSS.
    We do not have any other plugins that we can suggest, and I doubt any plugin will work with the header builder plugin.
    thanks
  • So there is no CSS that will make the mobile menu at least go full width like the standard theme?..

You obviously have the code somewhere as it is already apart off the main theme...

Even just a way to make the main header height adjustable and deal with the rediculous placement of the shipping cart would be some form of assistance..

As for the "last resort option"..
    I am not looking for another plugin to work along side the header builder... I am looking for a way to use another plugin completely.
    The main theme seems to be blocking the use of another plugin
  • Well, the CSS will not be solution here, the responsive menu is inside the wrapper of the header builder row, so it won't be possible to make it full width.

The shopping cart can be inserted on the left or right of the hamburger menu, just recreate it like that:

About the plugin for another header, sadly - we do not have any supported plugins, so we cannot assure that they will work.
    thanks
  • edited July 2020
    So then HOW DO I MAKE THE MOBILE MENU LOOK BETTER THAN THE TRASH IT LOOKS LIKE NOW?!

Saying "you're shit out of luck because the way we built the theme and plugin" is not at all helpful and is getting past the point of irritating......

Particularly when you don't bother to read the issue and your answer is to do what I already did, instead of addressing the issue it caused!!

If the header tool locks the menu to a wrapper... How do I get it out of the wrapper? I add padding, but it still is pushed off to the left...
    There has to be an answer that is better than "you're on your own" and I would appreciate getting that answer instead of waking up to see this continued lack of service every day; because of course all responses happen at 3am.....
  • To get it out of the wrapper, you would have to edit whole of the plugin's core files (HTML + JS code), so we cannot help you with this, because it requires files customizations, what in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed.

As Bryan said, the Muffin Header Builder is a quite new plugin and
    it does have some limitations now, so if you are not happy about how
    this plugin works, please turn it off and use our regular betheme
    headers from the Theme Options > Header & Subheader > Header

We offer support for our customers Monday – Friday: 8 AM – 6 PM (GMT +1) – we are located in Europe.
    We reply on all questions within 24 hours (forums, tickets, private messages).

Also, we cannot recommend any plugins other than the ones we support.

Thanks