Website loading really slow - due to muffin builder

Hello - 

I am working on a website http://wilsonbook.wpengine.com/ and it is loading extremely slow, both on the front end and on the backend. (please note: the first page may load fast, but once you click through the site, you will see that it slows WAAAAAYYY down.)

To trouble shoot I have:

1. De-activated all my plugins
2. cleared the caches
3. Cleaned up my computer (thinking it was my computer)
4. Called my internet provider for fast speed (my internet is working perfectly)
5. talked to the website host -they ran a report and this is what they said:

I am seeing external requests have been spiking response time,
Looks like it has to do with requests out to "api.muffibngroup.com".

I was thinking the builder could conceivably be an issue on their end if the builder depends on external requests.

So now I am contacting you to see what the problem is with the builder and to see what I need to do to solve the issue stated above. 

I have been using betheme and muffin builder for three years now and never had a problem before, please let me know what can be done.
Thanks!

Comments

• Hello,
    Your hosting provider is wrong, because calls to api.muffingroup.com are called only while registering the theme or updating/downloading the plugins, in any other cases it's not.
    The Muffin Builder is not a heavy builder, so it's not possible that if you have only required plugins enabled that it's ultra slow.

What we know, that usually if the theme is slow, then even basic wordpress with twentytwenty theme will be slow too and the source of the problem is usually the hosting provider - I mean, you would have to buy the server which is closer to you and it has better hardware specifications.

Thanks
  • Thanks for the clarification - I will contact my host again with the info that you have given me.