Best place to display SSL Logo

edited August 2020 in Other
I migrated my website to https and Comodo/Namecheap has given a script and logo that I can display to showcase that the website is protected.  

Can you please recommend how to put it at the bottom of the page (same line as copyright bar)? 

Google recaptcha which I have added to the website has its small logo on the bottom right.  It stays stationary even if you move the pages up and down (floats).  Can we make this logo similar to that? 

PS:  If I copy and paste the code that is given, I get blocked out of this website!  So, cannot copy and paste it here!

Comments

• Hello,
    Whole Footer content can be inserted in the Appearance > Widgets, exactly in the "Footer" tabs
    thanks
  • edited August 2020
    My customer is ok with either - static position at the bottom on the copyright bar OR float on the left at the bottom of the screen.  But Footer is  NO GO!  He does not want non-business info on the footer.  

Please see attached image.  .  You can see floating google recaptcha - way at the right bottom.  

Pablo, can you please help with code for both of the above two options?  Want to show both to the customer and let him decide!
  • But, I'm not sure what you want to do with these, can you explain it greater?
    As I assume, you want to hide that google recaptcha, right?
    thanks
  • I want to
    1. Show the SSL seal on the copyright bar
    2. Show the SSL seal as a floating image on the left bottom of every page.

I want to show both options to customer.
  • I do not know what is the "SSL seal", can you show me an example?
    If you want to insert something into the copyright bar, you can do that in the Theme Options > Footer

About the floating image, we do not have this kind of functionality in the betheme :(
    Thanks
  • edited August 2020
    Pablo
    Thx for your help.  I was able to put it in the Positve SSL Seal in the copyright area by adding HTML tag for IMG SRC right along with Copyright message in that area.

This generates a image specifically for your domain name.  It generates also a javascript that you have to put in 2 places.  Before closing of HEAD tag and Before closing of BODY tag.  
    There was no area in Betheme options -> General -> Hooks for a Before End Head tag.  So I put it in BEFORE BEGIN BODY tag.

Now I get a line at the bottom with the positive SSL seal at the bottom.  It doesn't float but that was accepted by the customer.  

There is a small problem - there is an extra line of white space at the bottom - when I hover my mouse and a popup box appears that shows that my website is protected - the extra line disappears.  Will figure that out later.

PS: For who may get this post from search results, I removed the HTML in before closing of BODY tag that just displays a text with link - https://positivessl.com.  

Thank you!  This can be now closed!  Awesome!!!
  • Hello,
    could you send this screenshot again? I do not see any picture there.
    thanks