Videos not working

I'm trying to create a post that include several videos in the design. I have been using Muffin Builder to create all of my posts. Unfortunately, it appears videos (YouTube URL) do not work at all. I get this error every single time:
An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: N5Pb3Nad2WMjEAUb)

I have tried insuccessfully to use both the Video Item and Column Item in the wrap. I have tried using URLs that start with both https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= and https://youtu.be/. I have tried new videos and one that I have running successfully on a new website. The result with every single one is the error:

When I just paste the URL into the page builder and avoid Muffin Builder, the video works. But now I don't know how to format my post around the video without using Muffin Builder because I invested my time in the tool!!!

What's up?

Comments

• Hello,
    make sure you are pasting only the video ID. Most items require just the ID, not the whole URL.
    thanks
  • Thank you - not that clear when your example uses the whole URL. Underline looked to highlight the unique part.

Now I can't get any control to work other than mute=1 (using Video item in MuffinBuilder -  YouTube/Vimeo | Parameters). I'm showing short clips so only want loop - mute - no controls. I see the note that autoplay isn't supported at the moment, but what about loop and no controls.

I have also tried using html5 | Parameters "controls loop muted" and even mute doesn't work there.

What am I doing wrong this time?
    Thanks
  • Which parameters did you insert there? Can you send me an example?
    Remember, that you cannot autoplay videos which are not muted nowadays.
    thanks
  • I finally got it all to work. It appears that some parameters only work with other parameters??

My Youtube video is Eh0ooQ-5MYg

In YouTube parameter
    "mute=1" it mutes (although because the controls are there, someone can unmute it)
    "loop=1" does not loop
    "mute=1&loop=1" only mutes
    "loop=1&playlist=Eh0ooQ-5MYg" loops but nothing else

Then,I added controls and that removed the controls, and just for dumb luck I added autoplay and it works - at least with Firefox browser I'm using on my desktop.

Here's my final parameter set to loop, mute, no controls and autoplay my YouTube Video
    loop=1&playlist=Eh0ooQ-5MYg&controls=0&mute=1&autoplay=1

Suggest you change the example in Muffin builder YouTube Parameter because it does NOT work
    Thanks,
  • And then tonight, none of the parameters are working...
  • You have to take a look at the API of the iframe youtube player

Some of the parameters won't work on some browsers nowadays, like loop.
    "This parameter has limited support in the AS3 player and in IFrame embeds, which could load either the AS3 or HTML5 player. Currently, the loop parameter only works in the AS3 player when used in conjunction with the playlist parameter."

As I see, all of the parameters in the html code of the theme are properly set in the iframe so the issue is not related to the theme itself, but the service that youtube provide.
    Thanks