Need help on updating

Hi!

Have 21.0 version and want to update to 21.8.2. The automatic update fails with something like (translated from swedish)

"The package could not be installed. The package contains no files"

I have downloaded and unzipped the latest version now to my home account on the server but need instructions on how I proceed. Just replacing the betheme folder in themes? Will the license still work after that? I don't want downtime...

I suppose I can find logs on what the real problems were with the automatic update somewhere on the server? Maybe this is a permission issue or something?

Thanks for any help!
/Erik

Comments

• Hey,
    this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain. Please use the license manager to handle your license keys: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest
    If you see (on our license manager) that your license key is registered on a single domain, then please disable all of the plugins and deregister that license key (through the BeTheme > Dashboard)
    After that, get into the license manager once more, if the license key is still claimed - deregister it, if it’s not, register it again on your domain (through the BeTheme > Dashboard) and try to update your theme/plugins couple of times (usually it pass after 2-3 attempts) - remember, all of the plugins have to be disabled.
    thanks
  • Well its a single domain license and I am using it on only one domain.

Hmm I have a another domain name to support anohter spelling which is redirected seems my license was registered on that domain name...

So to conclude:
    1. Disable all of the plugins (betheme plugins I guess), not the other wordpress plugins?
    2. Deregister license key in dashboard.
    3. Deregister in license manager if still claimed.
    4. Register my real domain instead of the one only used for redirects.
    5. Now try to update theme and plugins (could need several tries).
    6. Activate plugins again.

Is that a correct playbook?

Regards!
  • Indeed, all of these steps are correct - but please, disable all of them, not only betheme plugins :)
    thanks