Login page for BuddyPress

Hi!

I'm using the latest versions of
- BeTheme
- BuddyPress
- WordPress

I would like to create login page, which uses the blank page template, without menu and sidebar.

in buddypress settings i can assign the buddypress login stuff (login and register mask) to a wordpress site.

if i do assign, i can not use the blank page layout for this page any more. also i can't hide/change menu and sidebar anymore.

why is that so? is there any incompatibility or just miskonfiguration?

Here is th link to the buddypress assigned login page:

Thanks!

Comments

• Hello,
    Please edit the login page, select the sidebar and side where it should appear,see the screen:

With the blank page, there is a little problem - you would have to edit the css code of it to hide them.
    Do you need help with it?
    thanks
  • Hi!

thanks for the quick reply!

i could manage the sidebar (it was the buddypress sidebar which i simply emptied, so it disappeared).

i'm not sure, maybe i could need help.
    how can i hide it (the menu?!) with css?
    if you geive me a hint, maybe i can handle it on my own.

thanks!
  • Please use this CSS code:
    body.registration #Header_wrapper{display:none !important;}
    Thanks
  • Hi,

thanks a lot! That worked. Just the background image i set for this page layout isn't shown.

there might be another solution:
    all buddypress menu items (such as registration, profile, messages...) have their own css classes.
    if you copy this class to the regular page-menu-items, they are only shown for logged in users.

i'm not sure jet, if this really works, but i will try.
  • Where did you set that background image? Through the buddypress settings or using the WP/BeTheme settings?
    Thanks
  • Hi!

i created an extra layout (i think this is BeTheme option) defined the background image in this layout and told the login page in the backend in the page options to use this layout.

thanks
  • Right now, I can see other login form - Is that what you wanted to achieve?
    Thanks
  • sorry!
    yes, i installed the plugin LoginPress to customize all details of login.

thank you for your help!
    next time, i will talk to you if i change something before getting your answer.