links inside posts not showing up

Hey guys,

Pre WP 5.5 upgrade (have updated since this started).  BE 21.8.4  all the plug ins are up to date.

This started a few weeks ago.  I've checked everything I can think of.  I've also searched on the WP boards. 

The links inside our blog posts are no longer showing as live links - changing color.  They do work - they are hyperlinking correctly.  They look correct in the edit screen but when the viewer opens the post, the text is the same color, size, format, etc.

Our audience is older and we need those links to visibly stand out.

We've tried using headings and tagging the post as a link - nothing helps.  

I've include screen prints.

Any ideas?

imageimage

Comments

• Hello,
    That's because your link color is the same as a text color, please change that in Theme Options > Colors > Content

thanks
  • Hey Pablo!

Wish it was that easy!  Please see the image.  My text is grey the links are red.

Any other ideas?

Thanks! JP

• Well, you should not insert the <a> inside the <h3> tag, but if you would like to do that, please invert it - what I mean, insert the <h3> tag in the <a> tag and use this CSS code into Theme Options > Custom CSS & JS > CSS
    a h3{
    color: inherit !important;
    }
    thanks
  • Hey Pablo!

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll try it.  

But...May I take it a step furter? 

The lady who does these posts doesn't use any coding - she just types and uses the icons to create the links.  And normally, she doesn't use the Headers...  She may have on the example I sent just to see if it would work...?

So... do I need a more generic or inclusive custom code?

I don't understand what changed "all of the sudden"... This is the only BE site I have this issue with.

THANKS for all your help!
    JP
  • Well, in this case you should told her, to color all of the links using the coloring tool, check if it works fine, because it should attach an inline css code - but I'm not sure about it because of the Classic Editor

thanks
  • Thanks for your help Pablo!