Button text overflows icon now

edited September 2020 in Shortcodes
Hey there,

not sure during which update this happened, but for all my buttons using an icon the text overflows the icon. Before, it looked fine.
See an example on my main page: https://isardomains.com/ (check below the header image, there are two buttons generated by the shortcode, on is "Domain-Portfolio anzeigen" and the other one is "Aktuelle News"). For both, the text starts already within the icon. 
However, this is not only related to the shortcode. I've another page generating a button through the Promopage widget. This has the same result. You can check this on this subpage: https://isardomains.com/ueber/ (scroll down, the button is the last element of the content, labelled with "DNAcademy besuchen".

This is the shortcode of one of the buttons on my main page:
[button title="Domain-Portfolio anzeigen" link="/portfolio" target="" icon="icon-cart" icon_position="left" color="" font_color="" size="2" full_width="0"] 

Any thoughs?
Thanks!

Comments

• Hello,
    Can you check, if it works fine when all of your plugins are disabled?
    Also, is your WP, BeTheme and all of the plugins up to date?

Thanks
  • Nope, not working even if I disable all plugins (deleting cache, also verified with a different browser). 
    WP-Version: 5.5.1
    BeTheme Version: 21.8.5.1

What I've identified is, that there is a CSS class missing which is responsible to add the margin. The class is "has-icon". This does not show up anymore by the generated HTML code?

This is what I use as shortcode:
    [button title="Domain-Portfolio anzeigen" link="/portfolio" target="" icon="icon-cart" icon_position="left" color="" font_color="" size="2" full_width="0"] 

This is what I get on the page:
    <a class="button  button_left button_size_2 button_js" href="/portfolio"><span class="button_icon"><i class="icon-cart"></i></span><span class="button_label">Domain-Portfolio anzeigen</span></a>

Now, if I add the has-icon class after button (and before button-left) for the <a> tag, it appears correct. There are also 2 spaces between the both button classes in the generated HTML code which looks for me like there is something missing. Thoughts?

Hint: I add the above shortcode within a "Visual Editor" item in the Muffin Builder. But why I face the same behavior also for the button in the Promo widget... I dont know. 
  • Can you disable the plugins which are responsible of minifying and caching the website?
    Right now, I'm not able to look at the CSS code :(

thanks
  • Yes, I've now disable the related plugins again (Autoptimize and W3 Total Cache).
  • Hey,
    Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.
    Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • This is caused by your modifications of the child theme.
    After switching the theme to parent it does work correctly.

Thanks