Internal Server Error

Hello!
I'm getting the following error everytime I change something or update the plugins on the www.avignonesi.it website:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I've contacted the Hosting support (Bluehost) and they found out that this error is caused by Betheme. How can I solve this problem?

Comments

• Hello,
    What they told you? The "error is caused by Betheme" is really wide term.
    If you did not solve the "Internal Server Error" and your website is stuck on that page, please follow this tutorial:

Did you test, if that error appear, when all of the plugins are disabled?
    This problem is most common related to third-party plugins, so please, disable all of them, clear the cache of the browser and check, if you can update your plugins or change something on your website.

Thanks
  • Hello, thank you for your reply.
    The bluehost has temporarily solved the problem.
    We have already tried with plugins disabled, cleared the cache and so on, but everything is ok there.
    We get this error every time we update the theme.
  • So, as you tell, when all of the plugins are disabled, then updating works fine?
    Also, are you using Child Theme?

Thanks
  • No. I think they tested if the problem is one of the plugins, but they didn't upadate the theme with the plugins disabled. (How can I find which plugin causes the problem once the theme is up to date?)
    They had found a problem with jetpack, but we are not using it anymore.
    We are not using any child theme.

Thank you
  • Well, it's will be hard because you should disable plugin one by one and check, if the theme updates correctly, this is the only way.

thanks
  • Yes, but how?
    Do I have to wait for the next theme update to enable the first plugin and then wait again to enable the second one and so on? Are you sure there is no better way? This would take a year lol!
    Sorry but I'm not a programmer or webmaster, I don't know how to solve this in short time.
  • There is a way to 'hack' it ;)
    Please go to the Appearance > Theme Editor and change in the "style.css" and "functions.php" file the version to one below the latest.

Then, you will be able to update your theme.
    thanks