Child Theme style.css not loading any more

Hi BeTheme Team,
my style.css in the child theme is not loading after update anymore. Could you give me any advice. Do I have to make changes in the functions.php file?

<?php
/**
 * Betheme Child Theme
 * @package Betheme Child Theme
 * @author Muffin group
 * @link https://muffingroup.com
 */

/**
 * Child Theme constants
 * You can change below constants
 */

// white label

define('WHITE_LABEL', false);

/**
 * Enqueue Styles
 */

function mfnch_enqueue_styles()
{
    // enqueue the parent stylesheet
    // however we do not need this if it is empty
    // wp_enqueue_style('parent-style', get_template_directory_uri() .'/style.css');

// enqueue the parent RTL stylesheet

if (is_rtl()) {
        wp_enqueue_style('mfn-rtl', get_template_directory_uri() . '/rtl.css');
    }

// enqueue the child stylesheet

wp_dequeue_style('style');
    wp_enqueue_style('style', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() .'/style.css');
}
add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', 'mfnch_enqueue_styles', 101);

Comments

• Hello,
    Sorry, but we do not help with the customizing the theme files, but surely you should take a look at this documentation, it will surely help you:

thanks
  • Hi @Pablo

That is not "customizing" is just your child theme is not working as it should. If you are selling the theme with child theme it should work out of the box otherwise is faulty and if is faulty is NOT "customizing".

Please fix it or if can't do it escalated to someone able to do it

• Hi @genium1,

We provide only an empty, not modified child theme package prepared for further user customization.

On our documentation, you can read the following:

Child theme support policy

Using a child theme usually means that you want to modify the core theme files. Any mistake in the code may render the page unusable. Please be careful when performing such actions because our support policy does not cover such changes and we will be not able to help you.

The package you can download from ThemeForest is fully functional, and we cannot take responsibility for the changes you make.

Best regards

• No, is not full functional, have you test it ? I've just downloaded and installed in fresh empty WordPress installation and any css we add to the child theme wont work.

• Yes, I have tested it, and it works as it should.

Best regards

• You are declaring a version of your theme inside your child style.css header therefore the enqueue function of your child theme should have a version declared (according to the WordPress standards) your child theme that is on themeforest does not have a version declared on the enqueue function, therefore the betheme is not working as it should. You guys are tricking people to purchase "customization" on this kind of matter.

• Please, check the following link:

https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_enqueue_style/

You can see there that the only required parameter is $handle, and the $ver is optional.

A child theme is for more experienced users with basic file modification knowledge.

I do not understand your statement that "we are tricking people" when it works as it should.

Best regards