Bad Custom JS broke theme options

Hello, i'm in trouble and i have no backup. I think this is not covered in your support policy. But maybe you can point me in the right direction to fix it.

I added modified JS code from a plugin in betheme custom js...  clicked "Save options" and i can't save theme options anymore. 

I imagine data is encoded in database and corrupted.  How can i fix this?.

Any help would be great. 
Thank you!.

Comments

• I tried importing theme options demo site again. That was successful, but no change.

Don't now why this happens. When i click save in be theme options it redirects /wp-admin/options.php

What can i do? :( 

• Hello,
    Sorry, but we do not support Custom JS codes, they are not included with the theme, so we do not know what they do and what problems they can cause.
    You have contact the webdeveloper in that case.

Best regards
  • edited November 2020
    Hello... i just added a code in JS theme options and it doesn't work anymore. I thought it worked like custom CSS in be theme... there i can add code and change it to fit my needs. I removed the custom JS code and only the theme options remains broken.

The entire website works fine except that be theme options is broken. Leads to white screen when clicking save. 

Please... just answering this technical question about how be theme works can help me a lot. I bought 3 licences so far and i plan to buy more and give you good reviews if  you can help me. 

When adding JS code in be theme custom JS what changes in be theme behaviour?.

I removed the custom JS code that i added in be theme and it doesn't return to the normal behavior. I i imagined that it worked like CSS code and i could add code and see how it works and change it if i needed to (Like custom CSS in be theme). 

It seems that adding js code in be theme broke it.  I'm just asking a clue in be theme behaviour to fix bad functioning of custom JS.

Any idea?.
    Regards.
  • A plugin related to json jquery shows this info.

Don't know if maybe this helps you to give me a short and quick answer. 
    2020-11-03 15:08:19jQuery.parseJSON requires a valid JSON stringhttps://weweb.com.ar/
    2020-11-03 15:08:19https://weweb.com.ar/wp-content/themes/betheme/js/scripts.js: jQuery.fn.load() is deprecatedhttps://weweb.com.ar/
    I know i'm asking support out of your policies. But you know best how your theme works when adding custom JS in theme options.

Pretty please :) 
  • This is the start line of a be theme options back up. It shows this (I will remark the part) 

###a:459:{s:8:"last_tab";s:2:"js";s:6:"layout";s:10:"

Before adding the custom js code in theme options it showed CSS instead of js

Maybe all the info i send you doesn't help. I have no web developer. I have little knowledge in programming.

¿If i buy another theme licence right now can you help me fix it?. 
  • Sadly, we do not provide help with creating JS codes, we only help with understanding how the theme works, fixing theme bugs or minor CSS tweaks.

JS/JQuery codes extends the item beyond the original features, and functionality described on the item what in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed.

I inserted the console.log('Testing'); in the Theme Options > Custom CSS & JS > Custom JS and it works correctly, so there is no issue with the BeTheme, but surely with your custom code.

If you have some other questions, feel free to ask.
    Thanks