500 error when publishing or updating content

When updating or publishing a post I'm getting a 500 error at www/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/back.php:918.  I had my host look through all the logs and they said this seems to be an issue with the theme.  I realize the theme is not up to date, but the current version of the theme breaks some of the functionality currently used in the site.  I do have a current license for the theme, just don't have the current version deployed.  Can you help me fix this issue?  The site is https://www.wilmac.com

Comments

• Hello,
    You should update your BeTheme using FTP.
    Simply remove the BeTheme folder from the themes directory and download the latest version of the theme from themeforest profile, then upload it on the same directory you removed it step before.

Your content and theme options won't be removed because all of these informations are stored in the database :)

Thanks
  • I tried doing this in a local installation, and it broke both the sidebar and the post grid sections in the site.
  • If you touched the files of the theme only, then the content should not touch anything on your website, is your content still there?

What do you mean by "Broke"?
    Can you explain it in more details and attach some screenshots?
    thanks
  • I'm working on setting this up in a staging environment so you can see the result of updating the betheme, When I say broke, I mean instead of showing the widgets in the side bar, it just shows the shortcodes, and rather than showing the content in the post grid module, it just shows a 0.  As soon as the staging site is setup I'll send you the link.

• Okay, then I'm waiting for the link.
    It will be really helpful for me :)
    Thanks