Nothing seems to work....can't save any changes or update theme or plugins.

Hey guys, 

I need help with the BeTheme.

I created my clients' new site on staging, and everything was fine. Then when I pointed the site to the live url (https://4plants.ca/), the site is showing, but nothing seems to be working in the backend...can't make changes.

- I can't make any changes on the site (using WP Bakery). It never finishes 'updating'.

- There are various plugins that need updating. I go through the process, and they seem to update. But then once I click to another page, and hover over 'updates', it shows that they haven't been updated. 

- I tried updating the theme to 21.9.4.....again, nothing.

- I tried to deregister the theme, in hopes to re-register it....again, nothing. It just sends me to a page that says the link has expired. 

Basically, I can't do anything to the backend. Completely locked out of making any changes, or saving or updating anything.

I'm not a developer, just a novice trying to make client changes. I have some experience with WP backends, but never experienced anything like this before.

Please help - thanks,

Anthony G 

Comments

• Hello,

Please, turn off all of the plugins, and try to update your Theme then.

Also, please, check if your issue appears with your plugins disabled.

If you have an error message anywhere, please, send me a screenshot with it.

Thanks

• Hey Phil,

Thanks for the feedback.

Actually, it seems the problem seems perhaps more specific to something else I've noticed....which I've never experienced before.

The problem I've noticed is that when I work on the site - in an Incognito window - then the changes show up on the site work. As well, plugins seem to update (except for the BeTheme update....still doesn't work).

However when I login to the backend of the site - in a normal Chrome window - the plugins still show that they need to be updated. As well, all the new changes I had just made to the site, don't show up in the backend....in the page builder etc.

So it seems there's something strange going on with the site, that is mainly prevalent when working on the site in a normal Chrome window. I actually noticed this when building the site...but didn't think much of it. But now that the site is live, I've now realized that nothing I do in the backend of the site (in a normal Chrome window), gets saved.

I took a screenshot of the backend of the site just now, in both normal and incognito....just to show you what I mean, at least in regards to the plugins.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again,

Anthony

• edited November 2020

Sorry, but you did not mention it anywhere if you tried to disable all of the plugins. Did you?

Because I can see that you are using some unsupported plugins, and our policy states that we do not support third-party plugins or custom code. Moreover, one of the plugins can cause this issue.

Also, we cannot recommend any plugins other than the ones we support. You can find the list on this page, in the sidebar:

https://themeforest.net/item/betheme-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/7758048

thanks