Compilation error for hook-vc-grid.php

Hi,

Whenever I try to create a new client or page or post, I get the following error:

Warning: preg_match_all(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 11 in /home/etwadvis/staging/2/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/autoload/hook-vc-grid.php on line 163

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/etwadvis/staging/2/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/autoload/hook-vc-grid.php:163) in /home/etwadvis/staging/2/wp-admin/admin-header.php on line 9

I'm on Wordpress 5.5.3 and all of my plugins are up to date. The theme is also the latest version 21.9.4

Comments

• Hello,

Is your PHP version 7 or higher? If not, please, update it, and check if this error still appears.

Do you use child theme? If yes, please, change it to parent, and check if this issue is sill there.

Thanks

• My php version is 7.3

I changed the theme back to the parent and it is still there.

• Nevermind. I have solved the issue. It turns out that there was no visual indicator in my wp admin that the WP bakery plugin was old and that the theme had a newer version. I had deactivated and deleted the plugin. Under Betheme, it still stated that the WP bakery plugin was the same version that I originally installed, but after I installed it, it was the latest version.