Fixing Outdated WooCommerce Templates

Hi, With 2 of our site we have templates we need to update.

betheme/woocommerce/archive-product.php version 2.0.0 is out of date. The core version is 3.4.0,

betheme/woocommerce/cart/cart-empty.php version 2.0.0 is out of date. The core version is 3.5.0,

betheme/woocommerce/cart/cart.php version 3.0.3 is out of date. The core version is 3.8.0,

betheme/woocommerce/cart/mini-cart.php version 2.5.0 is out of date. The core version is 3.7.0,

betheme/woocommerce/content-product.php version 3.0.0 is out of date. The core version is 3.6.0,

betheme/woocommerce/content-single-product.php version 3.0.0 is out of date. The core version is 3.6.0,

betheme/woocommerce/loop/loop-end.php,

betheme/woocommerce/loop/loop-start.php version 2.0.0 is out of date. The core version is 3.3.0,

betheme/woocommerce/loop/no-products-found.php,

betheme/woocommerce/loop/pagination.php version 2.2.2 is out of date. The core version is 3.3.1,

betheme/woocommerce/notices/error.php version 1.6.4 is out of date. The core version is 3.9.0,

betheme/woocommerce/notices/notice.php version 1.6.4 is out of date. The core version is 3.9.0,

betheme/woocommerce/notices/success.php version 1.6.4 is out of date. The core version is 3.9.0,

betheme/woocommerce/single-product/add-to-cart/external.php version 2.1.0 is out of date. The core version is 3.4.0,

betheme/woocommerce/single-product/product-image.php version 3.0.2 is out of date. The core version is 3.5.1,

betheme/woocommerce/single-product/product-thumbnails.php version 3.0.2 is out of date. The core version is 3.5.1,

betheme/woocommerce/single-product/sale-flash.php,

betheme/woocommerce/single-product/tabs/additional-information.php,

betheme/woocommerce/single-product/tabs/description.php,

betheme/woocommerce/single-product/tabs/tabs.php version 2.4.0 is out of date. The core version is 3.8.0,

betheme/woocommerce/single-product/title.php

Usually these updates fall under the child theme. But I see your child theme work a bit different and just pulls the style sheets.

My site: https://drawingclasses.co.za/?v=edb5dc74af1c

Before I did update betheme/woocommerce/ as specified and the out of date message when away. But then we noticed our shop page was effected and that padding was all over the show and the side bar was on a random place on the page. So we reverted to earlier backup.

Question is where do I then update the outdated templates? in the plugin it self?

Thank you

Comments

• Hello,

Did you test if it works fine, when you update the theme/woocommerce and change the child theme to parent theme?

If you did not change anything in the child theme, then you won't lose anything, because product templates are related to the plugins files only - of course, our CSS code is there too, but only for elements which are coming from us (like header, logo, footer), not woocommerce features itself.

thanks

• Hi yes the themes and plugin have been updated. Did set child theme to parent. But in status report it still says that these templates needs to be updated. The issue we are facing is that the extra thumbnail images on this product are selectable for desktop but nothing happens when you click on it on mobile. https://drawingclasses.co.za/product/subscription/?v=edb5dc74af1c . I did update

betheme/woocommerce/single-product/product-image.php 

betheme/woocommerce/single-product/product-thumbnails.php

in the theme editor and then it worked on mobile but a lot of other things on the page was not working right.

So do I need to update the template in plugins/woocommerce ?

Or in the theme editor betheme/woocommerce/?

I need to update above templates to get it to work on mobile so I just need to know where exactly these templates needs to be updated.

• But, can you show me an example of issued page, because this one which you show here:

Is really outdated version of theme, it's a 17.87, and we released the 21.9.4 betheme version yesterday.

Also, you should avoid using minify plugins for now, it will be good for investigation.

thanks

• Hi, So I believe I have found a underlying issue that could be causing the outdated templates. The Agency owner told me that the Betheme for these 2 clients with the outdated themes was bought back in 2016-2017 where you hade one license but could use it on multiple sites. The reason I think it is this is because the newer Bethemes we purchase witch has a license per theme does not have the same problems.

So I was wondering how can we upgrade to the new version of Betheme with its unique license without having to re-build and re-set up theme options. ( basically a way with minimum downtime?)

Thank you.

• Well, as a first steps you should make a backup, we strongly suggest to use the Duplicator plugin, we tested it and it works fine with our theme.

Then, you should follow the steps mentioned in this topic:

Exactly the manual update steps (Update the theme manually section), because the version you got, does not include the automatic updates - after upgrading it, you will be able to update the betheme in the dashboard of the wordpress ;)

Ps. if your theme will look weird after updating, please resave your theme options, simply by clicking Save in the theme options.

thanks