Questions About Menu and Logo

I'm having some problems with the menu and logo... my site is https://miratasoftware.wpengine.com/

1. how do i style the action button (hover colors)
  2. how can i add a top bar background image to some pages but not have it on others (like pages with transparent background headers). Seems like when i add a top bar background image in the general header settings, it adds it to all pages (even custom layouts), but then when I remove it from the general settings, there is no place to add it on the layout builder.
  3. How do I set padding on the main menu? I’d like to make it so that it vertically aligns with the logo and action button
  4. I can’t seem to make the transparent menu work unless I make the header height zero (and that throws off all my spacing). Where can I find out how the transparent header works and how to format it correctly?

Comments

• Hello,

1) To change the action button hover colors, please, go to Betheme -> Theme options -> Global -> Buttons, and in Style section select Custom. After that, at the bottom of options you will be able to change the hover colors.

2,3) The only option to achieve that is to create the Custom CSS Code, and put it in Betheme -> Theme options -> Custom CSS & JS -> CSS. Please, contact your webdeveloper and he would be able to help you with that.

4) For example you can check how the transparent layout works on the Party 4 pre-built website.

Thanks

• So are you saying that there is no option to have an image background in the header on some pages but a transparent header on others?

If i add an image to the background

TOP BAR BACKGROUND in theme options seems to overwrite 'transparent header' layouts - so adding an image here breaks my transparent headers.

The Layout section seems to have no option for top bar image... so I can add an image here either.

These seems like it would be a pretty common request (to have a transparent header sometimes and one with an image background other times). there is no way to achieve this with your theme without custom code?

• You cannot change the background image/color of header between the pages, of course you can use Layouts, but they will allow you to display another type of header and change all of the colors on the single(or more) pages.

The transparent header cannot have height, because this header is made that way.

The only way that you can workaround it in some ways:

1. Using the placeholder item from the Muffin Builder as a first section.
    2. Using the subheader on pages, where your content is overlapped
    3. Changing the "Header" background color (Theme Options -> Colors -> Header) to the same as your page is using

Thanks

• Ok... trying to figure out what the best configuration would be. About half of my pages require a transparent header and the other half need to have an image in the background (including my post pages) behind my logo.

1. Currently I have 'Header & Subheader - Header - Layout - Style' set to 'Transparent in Theme Options. Height is set to 0.
    2. Then I created two layouts... General and Home. I was hoping to use a 'classic' header with an image for the other pages where i want the image behind the logo. The problem with this is there is no option to add a header image in the layouts.

I'm open to whatever configuration you suggest... i just need to know how to have some pages with transparent header and some with an image behind the logo/header.

• Well, there is a way to do that, but I'm not sure if you will be happy with the result at all.

In BeTheme, if you will provide a "Featured Image" for a regular page, it will be inserted as a background image for a header, so you can attach an image in header.

But, you have to disable the "Transparent" option for "Header" and enable for "Top bar with menu", right in the Theme Options -> Global -> General

So, in your custom layout, select the "Classic" header, and provide some height (like 100px), and insert the feature image for the page which should have the background image in header and uses the custom layout.

Thanks