Please upgrade jQuery

Acordeon and Blog Slider not working after update WP 5.6.

Please upgrade JQ, because right now I have to use jQuery Migrate Plugin with Jquery Version - Legacy 1.12.4-wp to make it work.

WP Suggest

Right now, you are using a plugin to support some old code in this website’s jQuery JavaScript library. That code is deprecated, meaning it is basically obsolete and is losing the support of your themes and plugins and WordPress itself. 

This plugin, called Enable jQuery Migrate Helper, is not a fix. It is a temporary solution to give your plugin and theme authors time to update.

If you get warnings, please check for updated versions of the plugin or theme that generated the warning. There will very likely be one you can install. When you have updated your plugins and themes, and there are no more warnings, please deactivate Enable jQuery Migrate Helper.

You are currently using a legacy version of jQuery. It has no support and doesn’t receive security updates. Please upgrade as soon as possible.

Comments

• Hello,

We always use the same version of jQuery as WordPress, and we cannot use different one because other things can stop working and be corrupted.

I also tested the Blog Slider with the newest version of WP and Betheme, and everything works fine.

Can you send me a link to your website, so I could take a closer look at this issue, please?

Thanks

• Hi,

rehafit.org

I also noticed that the pagination button on this page is not working, even though it is enabled in settings.

https://www.rehafit.org/blog/

This is really strange because for the website to work I have to choose the jQuery legacy. If i choose Default from WP, almost everything is gone

• Can you somehow restore the old version, before changing the jQuery version, using the backup?

I think that the problem is not with our jQuery version, because all of the features you are talking about are fully functional on our dev environment which is the same as regular customer hosting.

If it will be possible, I would ask you for an access, to inspect the source of the problem.

thanks

• Yes, i can restore old version but i don't want to. The entire problem that occurred is described here. https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/jquery-conflicts-fix-wordpress-5-5/

I think it is jQuery makes problems.

• Then, can you restore the old version and create for me other wordpress instance? On subdomain maybe?

I will not be able to solve that problem til I do not have the access.

thanks

• I'm sorry, but from my perspective, the problem can be solved very simply. Please install Wordpress 5.5 and the latest version of BeTheme. Then please update Wordpress to version 5.6 and check if everything is working properly. That's all.

The website owner did not allow access to the admin panel because the website contains customer data.

• edited December 2020

I created new WP instance, and as you told me, first I created the WP 5.5 and installed the latest version of BeTheme, then I updated the WP to 5.6 and all of the issues does not appear.

The Accordion and Blog Slider works, pagination on main blog page too, and also, the permalinks are possible to change easily.

Sorry, but we are not able to help you without that access, because the problem is not related to our theme package, all of the features are working.

As Phil said, we use the same jQuery version as the basic wordpress and we cannot change that, all of the features are prepared to be working on that version of jQuery.

Also, you are not upgrading the jQuery version, you are downgrading it, because actual version of jQuery is 3.x.x

If you still do not want to share with us an dashboard access, then as I see, you are using the Child Theme and it can be the source of the problem, please update the parent theme to the latest version (21.9.5) and switch Child Theme to the Parent Theme, then check if the issue still exists.

Thanks

• I had the latest version of the template installed. I just switched to the parent theme and everything works fine. Thank you for your help.